1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi Barrel Question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Big Hat, Jan 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Hat

Big Hat TS Member

I have Perazzi MX2000 unsingle and want to add an O/U barrel with an adjustable rib. What is your experience with Perazzi barrel interchangeability. Is this typically "plug and play" or am I going to have it fitted?
    Thanks in advance for sharing your experience.
    Jerry Sullivan

2. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Sometimes you have to have a little fitting. Usually not very expensive. Sometimes you get lucky and it will fit good enough. It's a bit of a crapshoot.

3. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

The vast majority of the time the top lever is "to the right". And if it is still over the metal mostly, then it will shoot and break in a little. Move towards center some. If it is over the wood at all, send it off to be fitted. If you shoot the gun with the top lever over the wood, the metal lugs that stick out from the receiver are too tiny at the ends and break off.

That is pretty much the issue

Or send me a pic and I'll look at your situation.

4. Baber

Baber TS Member

You really need to have a barrel fitted by someone who know what they are doing. Its not expensive.

T

5. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

In most cases, fitting are needed. And you want it to be fitted properly. It's not it'll blow up on you or anything like that, but you'll see premature wear if not fitted properly.

Some barrels will go on a receiver seems just "fine", but you might not see the monobloc mating gaps.

Ejector timing is another issue needs address in some case.

6. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

If it's loose to start with, you don't want it. If it's tight, you can have it fitted fairly easily.

So, if you are thinkin about buying one, always ask for a 3-day right of inspection to permit checking for tightness/looseness.

If a seller won't oblige with the 3-day thing, then move on to someone who will.

IMHO.

WW

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.