1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi Barrel Markings

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ercowles, Jun 30, 2013.

1. ercowles

ercowles Member

Please help me understand the barrel markings on my Perazzi MX2000 over and under. The barrels are both 18.7. (.736) The top barrel is marked with two dotted circles. The bottom barrel is marked with four dotted circles. I understand the number of dotted circles represent constriction. From using a micrometer, I believe my barrels are something like .034 top and .020 bottom...or full top, mod bottom. What do each of the circles represent in terms of constriction? The owners manual that came with my gun claims that my barrels are 7 and 9. If one were to follow the understanding that Perazzi measures in .004 increments, that could mean my barrels are .028 and .036. To say I'm confused is an understatement.

Thanks, Ed

2. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

If you can shoot as well as you demand perfection, you will be on T and F every month. That stuff all adds up to most of us.

3. ercowles

ercowles Member

4. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

.004 increments are for translating factory choke tube numbers into inches, not for fix choke barrel markings.

This is the factory chart:

stevew_2008_030383.jpg

5. ercowles

ercowles Member

Thanks. That clears it up for me.

Search tags for this page

beretta choke markings

chokes for perazzi

perazzi barrel choke markings

perazzi choke numbers

perazzi choke sizes

perazzi fixed choke markings