1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi barrel install

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by kgb, Dec 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kgb

kgb Member

I've got a Perazzi MX16 in 16ga and want to know what's required to install
    a 12ga barrel set. Looks like the basic receiver is MX8, what all
    would need to be done? New forearm, forearm iron? I don't think the
    barrels would be all that different in diameter, the original ones
    weigh in pretty heavy compared to what others post theirs as far as kg's.
    There's a small gap around most of the forearm except for the bottom at
    the front which is pretty snug. I don't want a huge gap if the forearm
    is used for both sets of barrels, so the question for those with 12ga
    Perazzi's is:

What are the widths of your 12ga barrels that would be compatible with
    this generation gun?

Kirk

2. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

You win that bet, Mike. I just tried my MX 10 barrels on my MX 16 and it fit like it came w/ the gun. I was surprised as I assumed it was a smaller frame.

3. kgb

kgb Member

Mike, so any 12 prefixed with an MX will work on my gun. From what I can tell looking around, the forearm of my gun is a gen4 or type4 or cat4, but I don't know how interchangeable that might be with "3"s. The gun is definitely of non-removable trigger style and that apparently affects which buttstocks would work which is no big deal since I plan on keeping mine as is.

I'm not after a Trap setup, I have a Super-X M1 with 3 barrels and 2 stocks for that. The 12ga barrels on the Perazzi would be for Skeet and Sporting. This is a field setup from what I can tell, and I sliced off the original thin pad to install a thicker one. Original LOP was 14 3/8" but that was pretty short-feeling to me.

I won't be getting rid of the 16ga barrels, if it weren't for the gauge I wouldn't have bought a Perazzi. Unless I had a bunch of money, then I'd get an MX28.

Barrel length won't be too important, and anything's bound to be lighter than the ones on the gun. They're 1.640kg, 29.5" long.

What do your 12ga barrels measure at the end of the forearm? Mine are .749".

Didn't think this site allowed picture posting, looks like it does so instead of cutnpaste, here they are.

Kirk

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. kgb

kgb Member

Mike, thanks for the offer. I'm still in an information gathering mode and will ask again if I decide to go forward. So far, cat3 and cat4 should fit.

Kirk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.