1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi barrel fitting

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Little River, Sep 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Little River

Little River TS Member

I have bought a top single barrel for my MX 8. When I install the original double barrel the forearm snaps firmly in place and is removed with minimal effort. When I install the top single I have to give a very firm push to snap the forearm in place. To remove I have to pry pretty hard with my fingers. Can I do harm to the forearm latch or is it okay since it does indeed lock? Thanks, Frank

2. Gapper

Gapper TS Member

Sounds like it is too tight. Have a smithy check it out. Some guys say it also promotes galling between the receiver and fore-end iron. Regards, GAP

3. Hivoltfl

Hivoltfl Member

There is a LOT more involved fitting a Perazzi barrel to a receiver, I personally would never buy one that would close with out fiting, I strongly suggest you have a gunsmith that is very well versed in working on these guns fit the barrel and all, you may be wearing out expensive parts at the least, and at the worst placing yourself and other shooters in harms way. My two cents worth.

try Giacomo, Whiz White, Doug Braker, several others that can fit everything as needed.

Rick

4. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Barrel interchangeability on Perazzi prior to ser. #(approx.) 90,000 "usually" involve more fitting.

Assuming your barrel / receiver fit each other well otherwise, this forend latch issue can be as simple as under lug hook fit or too much wood touching barrel at the tip of it.

Since you have another O/U fits well, you don't want to change the forend iron or the wood if you can. The inner side of the hook of your top single's under lug needs a little polishing to accommodate your forend.

This is better done by someone who knows how, or you can do it yourself carefully.

Metal is more difficult to add than remove. But if you over did it, it's not the end of the world either as long as you didn't change the angle of the hook, you can always put a felt pad in the forearm wood to make up the space you lost by removing too much metal on the hook.

Remember this is assuming your barrel / receiver fit each other well in other areas. Good luck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.