1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi Barrel Fitting Question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by billdennis, Jan 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. billdennis

billdennis Member

I have a new Barrel for a Mx2000. The gun and other barrel are very close to same week built was with another combo and i just got the gun last week.

It fits on gun and forend is fine, but the latch is more to the right almost to the point I'm afraid to shoot it. Can I just File a little off the Barrel ledge or where the top latch closes on barrel?

2. flabigpapa

flabigpapa Well-Known Member

Best to have Perazzi Gunsmith do it...It's easy to file it off.....Much harder to put back..if your not in the Right spot.

3. luvtrapguns

luvtrapguns Well-Known Member

Don't do it. The barrel "ledge" as well as the locking lug have to be machined to very precise angles and engagement depth. Just because you had to ask (no disrespect intended) indicates that you should have a qualified gunsmith do it for you. Marc

4. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

I would recommend you send the gun to Doug Braker, the GunDr here on this site, and have him look it over for you. It should be a fairly reasonable charge to do this. Best bet is to call Doug and let him know your concerns and what you need and he can give you a quote. Doug has done many guns for me in the past, almost all Perazzi's. I just had him completely rebuild my personal MX3 Special and his work is flawless. Do I think he is the best? I just had him rebuild, and refinish, the ears on both barrels rather than do just the locking block. I also had him rebuild the forend lugs and refit the forend on the new barrels so everything is back to factory fresh. Had him install new springs, do some misc. trigger work, adjust the ejectors and re-time the hammers, and jewel the mono-block sides of both barrels. Yes, I do think he is the best........ Dan Thome (Trap2)

5. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

I know it's attempting, because it looks like a simple job. File off "a little" is not that difficult, If you change the angle of the lugs, you'll create another problem that'll require a few hundred dollars worth of welding and refitting. It's not the end of the world, but rather un-pleasant.

6. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

doug braker. 218-947-3600

7. Gavin

Gavin Active Member

Send it to Giacomo

8. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

Don't do it you self. You my get lucky and do it right but if your not.
    I would send it to Giacomo or Doug Braker both will the work right.

9. OldPshtr

OldPshtr Member

Good advice. Be about like installing your own pacemaker.
    Vote for Doug.

Doyal

10. Rich Bullard Jr.

Rich Bullard Jr. Active Member

Billdendis,

Do not attempt to do this yourself, most likely you will screw it up and create another problem that will become very costly in the longrun.

Rich Bullard, Jr.

11. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Richard B. Jr., my 34 inch MX-3 Special was professionally fitted and shoots 400 yards up a canyon killing everything in sight!! :) Thanks buddy!!

Hap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.