Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Perazzi barrel fitting question - help needed

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  whiz white 
#1 ·
Don't mess around with it send it to the DR. Doug Braker. I won't be the only one that recommends him. JIM

#2 ·
William, just a little bit too far to the right means the end of the lever is just past the wood/metal line. If that is how yours is, you are OK, as long as you are making good contact with the locking lugs.

With no lube on the lugs or on the mating surfaces of the barrel, rub a pencil over both of the barrel lugs, then gently close the receiver without holding the lever to the right. Let the lever snap into place. Then open and see how much of the pencil was removed. If all of it, you are good to go. More than half is also OK. Just the tip removed, you need to work on it. If you are lucky, you'll get more than half.

When Giacomo fitted an O/U barrel to my receiver, the lever was way to the right. It mated perfectly, so he said to shoot it like that. There was no point in taking years worth of wear off the new barrels to make the level match the unsingle. That makes perfect sense. I'd much rather have the old barrels lugs welded and raised then file down the "new lugs".

#4 ·
Couple of avenues of approach here.

If this action is only used with this barrel then you can take some metal off the Action Block. In small increments, and this takes a LONG, LONG time of file or stone, put back in receiver, then check the tang, remove stone or file, etc., etc.

If this action is used with a couple of sets of barrels, one of which already fits this gun, the you would not want to remove any metal from the action block.

In this case, you would remove metal from the locking lug slot (action block fits in this slot). Normally, you would remove metal in this barrel receiver area on the TOP. The more metal you remove from the top of the two notches, the further the tang moves towards 6 o'clock.

I've done this many, many times and it is definitely a labor of love.

Whiz

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.