1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi barrel firing pin clearance notch?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by les morgan, May 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. les morgan

les morgan TS Member

I have two recent manufacture #140xxx Perazzi barrels. One has a notch just below the bottom barrel on the back of the monoblock and the other barrel does not have a notch. I assume it's to provide firing pin clearance upon closing but I thought the firing pins were suppost to retract if the return springs are OK. Could someone please educate me about the notches and should I worry about the barrel that does not have one. Thanks, Les

2. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

In recent years, that notch has appeared & disappeared from time to time, not from model to model.

Except certain early guns, Perazzi models with detachable trigger all have retraceable firing pin by rebounding spring because hammer does not sit on the back of the pin.

MX-12 for example, a non-detachable trigger model, the hammer rest on the pin, however the firing pin retract by top lever when open the gun.

3. les morgan

les morgan TS Member

Thanks Steve for the info. Les

4. mikepacific60

mikepacific60 Member

Hi to all - I actually think this is related to the trigger type - flat spring type triggers have retracting firing pins, whereas the coil spring triggers do not. Guns with coil spring triggers should have the notch in the rim of the bottom barrel..IMHO...Cheers Mike

5. les morgan

les morgan TS Member

Thanks Mike, Les

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

perazzi mx12 firing pins