1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi: American Trap vs Olympic

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by 1moreround, Nov 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1moreround

1moreround TS Member

If an olympic trap gun was swapped out with an American or Monte Carlo type stock on a 32" O/U MX2000/3 with the adjustable rib would they infact be the same gun?

What is an average price on a new MX2000 wiht adj rib in the US ?

Thank you......Ernie

2. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Banned User Banned

I bought a Perazzi MX-8 Bunker gun with 31 1/2" barrels. Although I am in good shape for an old guy, it is simply too portly for Bunker.

I put a factory take off Trap stock on it, and it works GREAT. It is my favorite gun to shoot at anything other than Bunker or Skeet. It is sudden death on Singles, Caps, Wobble Trap, and Sporting, and what a pleasure to shoot!

The shorter one is my 29 1/2" Mirage Bunker gun with factory Try Stock. It is a firehouse on the Bunker field.

3. 1moreround

1moreround TS Member

Coach: Very nice guns you have there, when you mention bunker trap, is that similar to wobble. Are the complete MX series stocks interchangable?

4. Shooting Coach

Dear MX-8B

"The most popular OT (Bunker) guns are flat rib 29.5" barrel as we see in the past Olympics. Barrel weights around 1.55 kg. w/ fixed IM/F."

You have described my Mirage. The 29 1/2" barrel wt is 1.550 KG, and the chokes are LF/XXF. This gun is a Martian Death Ray!

The stocks are pretty much interchangeable. The forends depend on the type of iron, III or IV do not interchange.

Oddly enough, the Perazzi Try Stock fits me perfectly when everything is at Zero. Makes it easy to adjust for a student, then back for me.

5. 1moreround

1moreround TS Member

Thank you fellows for the help! Someone up here has a new in box 32" olympic trap MX2000/3 O/U with screw in teague chokes for sale, and I'm not sure of the barrel weight. Would it be a wise investment having to purchase another stock to transform it to an American style trap model? Ernie

6. Shooting Coach

That would depend on the price of the gun, how much the stock on the gun could be sold for, and how much a replacement stock would cost.

For barrel weight, look on the bottom barrel, left lower side between receiver and forend lug. This one is 1.700 KG (KG1.700).

7. 1moreround

1moreround TS Member

Can someone explain the reasoning behind the design of the olympic stocks, with regards to the major differences between drop at heel and comb. I can't see it would be a very comfortable gun to shoot for our type of trap shooting, whereas the heel of the comb will be slapping the shooter in the face. Am I way off base here? ....Ernie

8. 1moreround

1moreround TS Member

Drool on the keyboard here!!! They are really pretty shootin irons. I'm going to see this gun in the morning, I'll know better once I see it and shoot it, if I will like it or not...I'll post if I have a chance tomorrow night...Thank you again.....Ernie

9. sean justice

sean justice TS Member

mx-8b you got some gems there, what ive noticed being used in bunker is pretty much a sporting conf. with tighter chockes, some use lower stocks some dont, most have flat ribs, if can get on nbc olympic web site to see what was used by most,

10. sean justice

sean justice TS Member

mx-8b do you have any wood for sale.

11. Shooting Coach

MX-8B

Is exactly right. I ran 300 straight on the 16 yard line with my Mirage Bunker gun when I first got it, but have only been able to run one 25 at Bunker with my MX-8 Trap gun.

It is also hard to play Golf with one club! LOL

12. 1moreround

1moreround TS Member

Update on Perazzi MX2000/3 Olympic Trap. I took the plunge and bought the gun yesterday, 32" O/U with Teague factory installed extended chokes, and it is everything I could hope for. Having a hunting background, I've struggled with high shooting trap guns, especially on crossing targets, but the 2000/3 fits the bill with a 3 position adj rib, settings are from 50/50-80/20, while stacking the beads. The Olympic model has the front of the comb cut 10mm higher than the rear, but the factory .736 bore and 3" chambers makes for a very soft perceived recoiling target gun. No need for the safe to be filled with skeet and sporting clay guns, because this one will play them all, with minutes between setup changes...Yes, I am very satisfied with my new purchase...Thanks for all your help....Ernie

13. Shooting Coach

It is hard to go wrong with a Perazzi.

If you don't have a repair kit, get some spares from the fine folks on this site. Whiz White might have a few parts lying around!

The Perazzi is like a beautiful young woman. They love attention. LOL

When they are right, they handle and shoot like NOTHING else. When they need attention, they are very easy to service. Fresh firing pins and an extra set of mainsprings is a good thing to have.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
bunker trap gun
bunker vs sporting shotgun
difference between european perazzi stock and monte carlo
olympic bunker gun position

perazzi bunker gun

perazzi choke olympic trap
perazzi olympic trap
the difference between an american and bunker trap gun