1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi Allem Roller Release Question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by WBD, Apr 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WBD

WBD Member

I have a Perazzi MX 2000 w/an Allem Roller Release... about a year's shooting in it. Experiencing problems -- triggers will set, but won't release. May be just the lower barrel trigger (non-selectable). Anyone have any ideas before I send it in for repair? Thanks! WBD

2. benedict1

benedict1 TS Member

Grease/oil buildup will do it. Soak in kerosene and thoroughly dry with compressed air. Doesn't take a whole lot. They run best dry, maybe a tad of oil on hooks where they grab the hammer.

3. Snooky

Snooky Member

I had the same problem with mine and it turned out the biggest part was a rub on the stock. I have an mx-12 fixed trigger and they had to relieve some wood on the inside of the stock where the release plates sit. I don't know if they have to do the same thing on the 2000 because it is a removable trigger gun. Ironicaly after two trips back they did not find the problem but the Krieghoff gunsmith at Alamo guns found it at the Mardi Gras shoot in south La. On mine the set and release has never been as consistant on the top barrel as the bottom barrel. If it works O.K. with the trigger out of the gun you may want to look at the wood.

4. John Thompson

John Thompson TS Member

My vote is the stock clearance. I have seen it happen on numerous Allem releases in P guns. If the wood is not sealed, it will expand and not allow the trigger to release.

5. WBD

WBD Member

I started with Benedict's advice and it worked! Many thanks for all who posted. W

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.