1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi Air Tec Stock

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Palos shooter, Feb 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Palos shooter

Palos shooter Active Member

0   0   0

I have a perazzi Air Tec stock of my MX8 that I am no longer using ..I would Like to get $700 for this stock and I will pay the Shipping..Send me a Private message if you are intrested..
    palosshooter_2008_170428.jpg

palosshooter_2008_170429.jpg

palosshooter_2008_170430.jpg

palosshooter_2008_170431.jpg

It is adjustable up and down and left and right..It has a few nicks that did not break the finish..I can send more pics..It is about 14 3/8 with a kick-eez recoil pad.It has a vinyl covered comb..It was my mistake as I thought it was a G-Squared stock,,

2. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

It doesn't look like a G-Square, but similar. I own 2 G2s, rear comb peg is different

3. Michael Gregory

Michael Gregory Member

0   0   0

Kommiefornia, but North Idaho soon... REALLY!
    Wow, good eye EuroJoe. I am appropriately embarrassed to say that I glanced at this thread earlier, kinda quick in passing, and didn't even notice. I really need to get used to using my reading glasses... a recent acquisition for me. I believe that the above is a Pete Elsen Air-Tec stock. Someone please correct me if I am wrong. Mike

4. Michael Gregory

Michael Gregory Member

0   0   0

Just for comparison, here is a G-Squared Shockmaster system on a Browning 525, with the original comb used and altered to be parallel with the rib. It also has the optional adjustable buttplate, and a removable 1/4" spacer in front of the recoil pad. Notice that whereas the other stock has a piston in the middle, and two guide rods above and below it (in front of the recoil pad), we have a piston in the middle and one guide rod below it. Also note that whereas the other stock has two posts underneath the middle of the comb, we have one toward the front of the comb, and one at the top of a rectangular block at the rear of the comb. The block at the rear also normally would have our logo on it, but many times it gets removed after the fact, or wears off. I do often run across shooters who are not sure how to tell different systems apart, so I hope that this helps. Mike

5. Palos shooter

0   0   0

I had this gun for a long time and was told when i bought it it was a early G-squared stock..I had another perazzi and had Michael install the system and it had the g-squared logo on it..This is a old stock because it is on a type 3 perazzi..It holds the air for most of the season..I didn't use this stock very much as the perazzi still has the original locking block.The stock has never been refinished,and the checkering is still sharp.Whoever did the stock job did a good job as there are no cracks in the wood..All the screws for the system have the metal inserts in the stock.

6. Michael Gregory

Michael Gregory Member

0   0   0

Palos... very interesting!!!! I do not believe that it is ours, but if it is a pretty old stock it could actually pre-date Pete Elsen also, so ???? One thing you could do is to take it apart and e-mail me a photo of the reducer. From that I may be able to say for sure. As far as being told that it was a G-Squared, I am not surprised at all, as I see this happen quite often, particularly with Air-Tec stocks. Like I said though, show me a photo of the reducer and I think I can tell you for sure. Good luck, it does look like a good stock and a good system. Mike

7. Smok'n Joe

Smok'n Joe Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Good catch by EuroJoe...I'm impressed and can verify that he does own two of the highly touted G-Squared ShockMaster recoil systems which says alot about the product because Joe has owned them all.

I can vouch for the company's service and support which is incredible.

My compliments to Michael Gregory for service and support of a fine product.

8. blackfoot

blackfoot Member

0   0   0

I'll second on Michael Gregory-his work and his G Squared is 1st rate.He is also a 1st rate person and is always a man of his word!

9. Palos shooter

0   0   0

Here are a couple of pics of the air piston and the assembly..I looked at my records and had a G-squared installed on my Perazi in May /2002..If Michael see's this mine was the stock that was lost in the Ramona CA, postoffice..It was just sitting on the shelf..The G-squared never needed any attentionor repairs in all the years I owned it,
    I can't find any idenifying marks on this air stock..Who Made it?????
    palosshooter_2008_170432.jpg

palosshooter_2008_170433.jpg

palosshooter_2008_170434.jpg

10. Michael Gregory

Michael Gregory Member

0   0   0

First of all, thank you Smok'n Joe and Blackfoot for the very kind compliments. They mean a lot to me, and are greatly appreciated! Palos, this then is definitely a Pete Elsen Air-Tec stock, I can tell for sure by the reducer. His reducers are stainless steel, just as our current reducer is, and about the same diameter, but are longer, giving it more volume, and do not have a chamfer on the bottom edge, as ours do. Also, note the end of his piston: While the piston is black, the end of it with the Schraeder-type valve is silver. This is because he achieves a Schreader-type valve by pressing a valve extension into the end of an open piston... something that I have only seen him do.
    With regards to your records on your other G-Squared, I am the Michael you refer to, and it's kind of funny because I do recall some fiasco many years ago where we had something lost in the Ramona post office. Thinking back at it brought back an old memory, and made me smile, thanks! Your time line is off though... typo maybe? I was only 12 in 1972, and the first production Shockmaster system was not installed until 1989. I went to work for my father in mid 1993, moved to Ramona in 1994, and took over the business at our current location in January of 1995. It's funny to think about though; I tend to conveniently forget the many incidents over the years that raised my blood pressure and made me want to go bang my head against the safe for a while. Thanks, and I sincerely wish you good luck selling this. It looks like a good stock, and I am sure that it won't be around long. Mike

11. Palos shooter

0   0   0

Michael Gregory ..It was my error..The stock from you was in 2002..And the shipping address was Romona CA,,I shot ie for about 7 years with out any trouble ,,the workmanship was great..I would recommend G-Squared to anyone that is looking for a air stock.

12. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

This site is WONDERFUL !!! Did anyone ever have a question that couldn't be answered here??

13. Palos shooter

0   0   0

After looking at all of the posts I guess it is a Air Tec Stock and they are still in business.This could be right because I purchased the gun from a gentleman from Northbrook Sportsman Clun in Grayslake, Illinois, And Air Tec is in Wisconsin..I guess my brain is still hitting on a few cylinders.

http://www.airtecstocks.com/

14. Palos shooter

0   0   0

Still for sale..Buyer changed his mind.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

perazzi air stockk

perazzi mx8 1995