1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi after market barrels

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by deadeye45, Feb 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deadeye45

deadeye45 Member

I have my eye on a fixed choke under barrel for my 1977 MX8. It was made in the late seventies by a Canadian (Vancouver BC) company called NORTHVIEW. Can't find any information, about it. concerned about: POI, Lug type, interchangability, etc. If you would care to share your knowledge, It would be appreciated. Larry Bledsoe

2. harpo_old

harpo_old Guest

wish someone would start making some aftermarket barrels maybe that would bring the price down on the real ones..

3. 1brucem

1brucem TS Member

Isn't Wizz going in that direction? Bruce

4. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

The way I look at it, if a used shotgun is worth $5,000, the factory O/U barrel on it should worth $2,000 or so.

To make barrels are not difficult, but machining an after market monobloc from blank is not cost effective. Everyone I know of that makes after market Perazzi barrels were using old factory monobloc, except Kemen, where they make interchangeable barrels with Perazzi.

5. 1brucem

1brucem TS Member

I bought a new mx10rs barrel, and it was 4100 two years ago. Bruce

6. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

Larry if you can't shoot them don't bother. Remember you are assuming alot of responsibility using something not manufadtured by the origional manufactuer. The quality could be better or alot worse.

Joe

7. deadeye45

deadeye45 Member

Thanks each of you for your input. A little more concise information. After viewing the pictures of the barrel and putting Bruce's comments in the mix, I'm convinced he is right, " Everyone I know of that makes after market Perazzi barrels were using old factory monobloc ". The pictures show the classic look of the Perazzi mono bloc. Seems a logical conclusion then, that the maker did exactly as Bruce suggests, adding barrel stock and a rib. The job looks very nice. The vintage of the gun barrel made for 1973, 41,XXX gun, my gun 1977 49,XXX. hoping the lugs are the same. I do know there are some good machinists besides those that dwell under the Perazzi roof. Moving forward. Any other comment welcome. How could I contact Kemen, phone, location? Thanks to you all.

8. bluehaze

bluehaze Member

deadeye45.

I have an unsingle and a set of MX8 barells that were done by Northview.
    I tried to research the company and the best I could find was they are no longer in business.
    They used Simmons ribs on my conversion and Perazzi monoblocks. They are on a Grand Itialia.

9. deadeye45

deadeye45 Member

Hi bluehaze,
    Your " Grand Itialia " is a What?? What is your email address?
    Thanks, larry

10. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

We're (Marcello) not going to make barrels. After a long talk with Marcello, he can only make a few without being required to get permitted by the Italian government to be designated as a barrel manufacturer.

He can make specialty barrels, as he is for me, but honestly, he is jut too busy to start into other endeavors outside of what his specialty is.

I did buy a Perazzi barrel in the early 80's in the white from someone on the East Coast. Can't remember who it was, but the barrel had the Perazzi roll stamping on it. I fitted it to one of my P guns and later sold all of it.

It was a nice barrel, but came without, beads or an ejector and without the rim cut in the chamber. I had Clymer make me a specialized Perazzi rim cutter that I still use today. It is one helluva nice tool that prevents one from oblonging the chamber when fitting a new ejector.

Whiz

11. bluehaze

bluehaze Member

deadeye.

sent you a P.M.

12. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

If you have a monoblock Simmon gun specialties will make an unsingle, top single or o/u set anywhere from $900 to $1400 If Whiz can get Perazzi monoblocks out of Italy you could make a custom barrel set for about 1/2 of a factory set.

13. 1brucem

1brucem TS Member

Wizz, does this mean that you are not going to make guns as well? Making guns would require the same paper work as barrels, wouldn't it? Bruce

14. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

We aren't at that stage yet. Marcello can have his friends to that for him when we get into production.

We need to get the design first before we even consider this aspect of the game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.