Trapshooters Forum banner

Perazzi Advice Please

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  FlRealtor1 
#1 ·
Some day I hope to move up to a P gun. Probably a MX10RS, either new or used. I read many opinions about specifications on here such as bore, etc. I would appreciate any advice given. Thanks.

#2 ·
Westie,

You really haven't given us much to go on, but I'll try to give you some basics.

The heart of the Perazzi O/U gun is the receiver, a very strong receiver with easily replaceable parts. The MX-10RS gun is an unsingle barrel or O/U or a combo gun. This gun is very durable and has adjustable ribs on the barrels and an adjustable comb. These guns come up for sale used infrequently, but they can be found. The bores in early models were 18.4mm, and later guns were available with 18.7 or 18.8mm bores. A used gun might have Wilkinson, Allor or Eyester barrel work already on the gun. A gun should come with a parts kit and one trigger. Triggers with adjustable length are available.

Hope this helps,

#3 ·
the MX10RS or MX2000RS, is Perazzi's most popular platform for trapshooters. Lotta good guns out there to choose from, but The RS will stay popular and hold its value for some time to come. If yo buy a used gun for about 10K for a combo, it will retain that value for the foreseeable future. New, of course and you get what you want. The newer used guns have 18.7 bores (maybe 18.8)and shoot pretty soft and pattern well. Many of the few 18.4 bore guns have been back bored and often by Wilkinson. But Allor, Allem, Eyster, et al have done a fine job of bbl magic.

Ported guns are often priced less. RS guns are usually found as combos. Ocassionally one shows up on TS.com, but more often you will see used ones at jaquas, Pacific, perhaps Stafford.

I shoot one and like it a lot.

J.

#4 ·
These are just my opinions:

I think you should shoot a few used Perazzi's before buying one, especially a new one. During that process see if you want a top-single or un-single barrel along with the O/U barrels. I personally shoot a top-single better than the un-single. Most people do well with a 34" single and 32" O/U barrels. If you want the most versatile gun then get it with an adjustable comb and ribs. This way you can adjust the gun to fit you and your style of shooting.

If your going with fixed chokes then consider .035" or .040" on the single barrel and the 2nd shot in doubles. For the first shot in doubles most shooters prefer a more open choke of .020" or .025" of constriction. If you go with choke tubes you can change them to whatever you want that day. It's more popular to get the larger bore size now that Perazzi offers it.

I'm old-school in that my MX8 34/32 Combo's have fixed ribs and chokes. Most of them were back-bored, choked and ported by Tom Seitz a long time ago. If you buy a used one at a fair price you can sell it later and lose next to nothing if it doesn't work out. If you buy new be sure it's what you want.

#5 ·
I agree you need to try several different style Perazzi guns before you just up and buy one. I could not shoot consistent scores with a high rib Perazzi. I just shoot better with an TM1 or MX8 style gun. There should be several shooters at your local club that will let you try out their gun. The P gun has a large following and replacement parts are for the most part obtainable.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.