1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi Adjustable Ribs One More Time

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by JGS, Dec 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JGS

JGS Member

I know this has been addressed many times, but the Perazzi line has many choices. My question is: which Perazzi Combo model has the lowest adjustable rib? My question relates to combo models only. Thanks for the information.

2. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

What does "lowest adjustable rib" mean? Adn what are you trying to accomplish?

MX2000 have a moderate rib and are in a combo config. Lower than that?
    mia_2008_0303220.jpg

mia_2008_0303221.jpg

3. JGS

JGS Member

MIA, Sorry I wasn't clear with my question. What I am looking for is the Perazzi combo model that has an adjustable rib that is physicaly closest to the barrel. For example, I consider the the MX 2005 a "high" rib gun, and I consider the MX15 a gun with a "low" adjustable rib, but the MX15 doesn't come in a combo. Thanks again.

4. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

MX2000 or the MX10. Both are above. The MX8 O/U will match pretty well with the MX15, but is not an adj

5. Garry

Garry Active Member

MIA,

Which has the higher rib, the MX10RS or the MX2000RS?

Thanks

6. mx2k33

mx2k33 Well-Known Member

JGS you ask a valid question since Perazzi makes adjustable ribs in 10 different sizes and configurations, not to mention different barrel lengths. The lowest adjustable rib Perazzi American Trap "standard" combo guns are the MX2000RS Unsingle combo or the MX10RS Unsingle Combo.

7. Avaldes

Avaldes Well-Known Member

The 2008 is taller than the 2005. The 2005 is taller than the RS models. The RS is taller than the standard MX2000. Hows that!

8. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

If the low rib is what you really want.. order from the factory a MX2000/3 with a extra MX15 unsingle barrel.. both fitted to the gun.. You'll have as close as one could get a low rib combo.. For many shooters at the GRAND.. this was a great combination.. there are quite a few MX15 barrels around..(well,at least at the GRAND last year)..if you wanted to just build a set..

You might also see if the factory would build you a combo with exactly the same rib.. If you don't ask.. you don't get..

9. mx2k33

mx2k33 Well-Known Member

PerazziBigBore is right. If you are willing to wait a few months, Perazzi will build you whatever you want and if you order through an authorized dealer, you won't pay any more than you would for an equivalent "off the shelf" model.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.