1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi ABS case and airline travel ??

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by TOOT, Feb 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TOOT

TOOT TS Member

Are the Perazzi ABS cases airline approved?

2. Tugboat

Tugboat Member

Toot, Even if they are I would not risk my Perazzi to the notorious airline baggage handlers.. dw

3. TOOT

TOOT TS Member

As far as protection goes.....it's the same one I ship it back and forth to Giacommo in and it's the same one Perazzi ships it to dealers in......trusting the notorious UPS, UPSP people.
    The ABS cases do have combination locks on the center latch only. I thought there was a need for the locks to be TSA approved.

4. Sporting1

Sporting1 TS Member

I have the Perazzi ABS case. It has 3 combination locks on it. I've flown out of San Francisco and Montana with it, and never had a problem.

5. wm rike

wm rike Member

Never underestimate the aireline's capacity for damage. A friend of mine was going to put his his son on a plane to the Olympic Training Ctr. and was casting about for a suitable case in which to ship his son's rifle. He ended up buying whatever case the Navy Seals use for plane drops. Figured if it's good enough for the tough guys, why not? The gun made it okay, but the case was ruined on a single trip. My friend ended up driving out to pick up his son and rifle for the return trip. The airline admitted no wrong. Got insurance?

6. JEB

JEB Active Member

I have flown with a Perazzi case many times. They are airline approved. However baggage handlers have a tendency to break off the outside latches, the center one is protected by the handle. I found the best way around this is to bring a roll of tape. After the inspection and in front of the security people, I tape the latches. They have even loaned me tape on occasion. Also the velcro strap inside that goes around the pistol grip comes loose at the rivit or can tear in half. I use bubble paper over the receiver and stock. That works fine.

JEB

7. TOOT

TOOT TS Member

While I agree the "PERAZZI" logo on the side is a dead give away......what do you think the bad guys think is in those $300 and $400 dollar shiny cases??? Maybe it's worthless junk eh!

8. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

I used a Perazzi case once and only once . The gun went U.S.P.S. and came back with a bent barrel and broken stock .

9. Daughter of Paul

Daughter of Paul TS Member

Greetings to you. I am not a world traveler but I do know the Warwick case can stand up to just about anything! and I am not just saying that because I am Paul's daughter, I have used a Warwick case for many years through many tough situations.

My Brothers and I want to keep the Warwick Gun Case business going. As we are learning, this is the best case available for your guns. Paul knew guns, we will give you the best help we are able to, visit www.warwickguncase.com to look, send us an email or a call. Thanks Holly

10. BL350

BL350 TS Member

Dear TOOT,
    Plastic gun cases are great cases for storage and automobile transportation. Airline travel with guns is painted with horror stories of gross damage and worse. I use a metal All American 2 gun combo case with the outside protected by the original cardboard shipping box with a stout folding metal handle glued to the cardboard box.(Makes it easier to handle this 50# carton)I have seen this carton come off the plane baggage conveyor and fall to the ground 6 ft. below. I only had sympathy for the other soft bags that it landed on! The cardboard box takes all the skid marks and prevents the corners from getting full impact. In my travels, I would only use a well made metal case..... I can here it coming on the baggage belt too! ....One more suggestion, Don't fly thru Chicago or Newark, NJ airports. Their should be resident ATF agents there, 24/7!! because of the gun theft rate! Sincerely, JBB Life Member ATA

11. old pipe

old pipe TS Member

The only way our group can travel is via aircraft and we have lost a few
    airline proof guncases. The Americase is the only one thats surviving the
    travel punishment. The cordura cover helps alot by taking the bashing first.
    My case is 10 years old with many Grand stickers on it. You want to keep your
    equipment in one piece get a Americase with cover. No more worries.
    pineapple

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

best shotgun case for my perazzi

perazzi abs case

perazzi abs shotgun case - one barrel