1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi 2008 Prices - Sit while viewiing

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by whiz white, Feb 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Well, evidentally the dollar has really dropped...

[​IMG]

Whiz

2. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

I sell them at a discount, but all prices are based upon the list price.

Danielle must need a new bus.

First time in my life I've seen the USD about the same as the Canadian and AU dollars. Even the Pound is 2X ours. Must be global warming!

Whiz

3. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

DB BILL I could not agree more . I have a Perazzi on this site for sale now . Quess what the price is going up . I will not sell it for the price I have been asking .

4. Post  2

Post 2 TS Member

Got a problem sportshot? Post-2

5. mono1393

mono1393 Member

I just made a killing buying my new MX2000RS from Ray Stafford last month for $11,100.00

I will sell it to you for $17,500.00 today.

6. sturgeon

sturgeon Member

Sportshot...your post suggests that you have never been inside the Perazzi factory. For your information they work a full day and work hard and enjoy it...and both Mauro and Danielle are on the shop floor.Steve Bunch

7. webley

webley TS Member

Sportshot,

Your posts are normally fairly reasoned – so what happened with the one on this thread?

Everyones allowed a 'sore head day' but do you actually believe any of what you wrote?

Regards

Russell

8. Ken X

Ken X TS Member

I love my Perazzi, but before I would ever pay that for a new one, I would shoot my 1100 with beautiful wood that I paid $300 for! Those prices, and Kolars and Kreighoffs are plain nuts!

9. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

For that money do you get an adjustable trigger? HMB

10. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

Sportshot, Can I buy you a drink? Jake

11. DoubleAuto

DoubleAuto Well-Known Member

How are the price increases running for 2008 on other brands of guns (Beretta, Browning, Caesar Guerini, etc.) considering the value of the dollar on the world market and fuel prices? Have any FFL holders or people who attended the Shot Show gotten 2008 price lists for other brands or talked to manufacturers/importers about 2008 prices?

12. webley

webley TS Member

Sportshot,

As an economist you may know that from 1980 to 2007 the UK price of an MX8 has not risen by much more than that expected due to inflation (this is using the UK government’s own inflation calculator). It would seem that prices of all the Italian made guns have risen in 2008 in the UK due partly to the expected ‘annual rise’ but mainly to the fact that the Pound bought 1.49 Euros in Jan 2007 now it buys only 1.32 Euros. The US dollar has fallen even more relative to the Euro over the same period so your comment regarding the

13. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

I wonder if "gray market" perazzi's will become popular again if the price in the UK has been more stable than that in the US (gray market being those guns that are bought through UK dealers (such as litts), then shipped to the US because the all-inclusive price is cheaper than what can be found in the US).

14. LDAdd

LDAdd TS Member

Re Russell's discussion above about Perazzi production in general and specifically the quality of barrels produced, with detail unnoticed by all but a few, etc. This is not to discredit Russell's opinion at all, but it is interesting that a fair percentage of "serious" American shooters, immediately upon purchase, send their new Perazzi off to one of several barrel/choke gurus here in the U.S. and have this finely produced barrel backbored, re-choked, and ported, which must be better than Perazzi can do, right? I guess this is just another example that if we think it's better, or are told so, then it must be better! And yes, the TM-1 I bought new in 1980 (and still have) was eventually sent off to Tom Sietz for the same treatment, along with a POI adjustment. The POI was the only difference I could really tell in the gun; before and after patterns appeared similar with only semi-scientific comparisons.

As far as prices go, higher grade items not claimed to be bargain priced but of quality well above the norm and have the mystique, appeal, and pride of ownership that many of us are willing to pay for. Many of us are only limited by what we are able to pay, not by what we would pay if we had the ability to do so. Human nature I suppose.

Break as many as you can and have fun...

Larry

15. Hooligan

Hooligan Member

The RRP is sure increasing in the US. Interesting to note a few of the prices down under even with the current low US dollar.
    This link is worth a look http://www.alguns.com.au/New%20Perazzi%201.html

16. remington32

remington32 TS Member

Well, those are retail prices.

I would ask; how much have the retail prices gone up?

What was/is the real "street" price in 2007 and what will it be in 2008 for the same model?

17. Joe Woods

Joe Woods Well-Known Member

Thankyou Whiz/ Reality is!!!
    Not many of these in retail.

Joe Woods/Ontario

18. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

ALF, You state: "I will not sell it for the price I have been asking." Apparently you are right since nobody has bought it from you. If they would not buy at the price you are/were asking, why would they buy at a higher price? I really doubt there is going to be a buying frenzy to suck up dealer existing stock at the "old prices."

19. trapperwads

trapperwads Well-Known Member

Sportshot...I'm in almost total agreement with you. for $16'000 yopu can buy a Honda civic or Toyotal corolla pretty well equipped. And they are a heck of a lot more value for the money spent. While I dont disagree that the manufacturersl, distributors and dealers are deserving of a good profit for the time and money invested, maybe the ladies underwear manufacturer is a bit more profitable for his investment. Ed Nichols

20. Recoil Problems

Recoil Problems TS Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

perazzi2008