1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PEORIA SKEET AND TRAP JULY21 RESULTS

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 2 kluk, Jul 22, 2013.

1. 2 kluk

2 kluk Member

120 shooters enjoyed a calm day and displayed some great shooting at Peoria's annual Illini Indian coin trapshoot. Shooters from all over the state and Iowa keep 8 fields busy throughout the day. The hungry crowd also consumed 150 ribeye and brat sandwiches.

The BOD and members of Peoria S&T would like to thank all of you that participated for your tremendous show of sportsmanship. We will take a short break for the ATA Central Zone and the Grand American. Hope to see many of you there. We hope to see you all at our Sept. 15 trophy shoot.

Again, thanks

Complete listing of scores and payouts can be viewed on the PS&T website (URL above).

2kluk_2008_030324.jpg

2. Harv Shell

Harv Shell TS Supporters TS Supporters

Is it true the club provided NO prizes for this shoot, only what the Indians provided? Harv Shell

3. 2 kluk

2 kluk Member

Absolutely not!

The Illini Indian Assoc. provides coin sets for singles class and category winners only. The club purchased additional coin sets for doubles classes (4) and belt buckles for handicap (4).

4. Harv Shell

So if you were not an Indian there were no singles prizes?

I ask because I talked to a squad of guys that came a long way to shoot there, and because they weren't Indians felt like they shot $26 targets only with no prizes.

If that's the case, I think it will cost you some shooters. Harv

5. RLC323

RLC323 Member

I believe the program was pretty clear about the shoot being an Indian coin shoot and that the prizes for this particular shoot were not open. Indian shoots have been that way as long as I can remember.

Indian dues are $15 annually, for that money that you get a bunch of opportunities to win coin sets over the course of the year. I would hope every Illinois shooter would consider joining. The more Indians we have in our "tribe" the better the prizes will become.

6. Harv Shell

Ron, I guess we do things different up north. The Indian shoots up here all have prizes for both Indians and non Indians.

Personally I have always been in the Indians, good organization and I was lucky enough to win one of those gold coin belt buckles once.

I know these guys never saw an Indian shoot without open prizes, and neither have I. I counted 18 non-Indians in the singles, I wonder if they realized they were shooting for nothing.

Shoot well, Harv.

7. RLC323

RLC323 Member

Harv, Peoria holds more good prize shoots than any downstate club. They have a belt buckle shoot, a wooden shell box shoot, and their Fall Handicap always has shooting related prizes for the winners.

I am sure that the prize budget for last Sunday was used to add more coins to the already nice coin sets the Indians provided for singles. The open trophies concurrent with an Indian shoot must truly be an "up North" thing. I can not recall that around here. As a matter of fact many small clubs here seem to feel they are "off the hook" for prizes when they hold their annual Indian shoot.

Coming up in Sept at Peoria is their trophy shoot and the prizes are all open. I hope those non Indians will come back down and take part, as I know the club values their participation.

Ron

8. scott calhoun

scott calhoun Well-Known Member

So if I understand this correctly . . . the club charged $26 per hundred, and from those entry fees purchased a total of 8 trophies for the entire shoot. The program said "17 trophies", but did not indicate available only to Indian members.

Visiting shooters also paid the $6 non-member rate for practice rounds.

Scott

9. RLC323

RLC323 Member

After looking over the program again I can see how the awards could be perceived as being open. I do not believe the club intended to mislead anyone, but it surely did. I did post in error about it being clear in the program about the awards. It is not clear, and I apologize.

Like I mentioned before when we downstate folks see a program for an Indian Coin Shoot we are conditioned to understand that the awards are Indian only.

As a footnote, my son was considering shooting at Peoria last weekend but when I told him it was an Indian shoot he changed his plans. He really does not shoot enough registered targets to get the benefit from the Indian membership.

10. Harv Shell

Honestly Ron, I know the clubs up here could never get away with doing that. Sorry, but it seems pretty cheap to me. Harv

11. 2 kluk

2 kluk Member

First, PS&T would like to apologize to any shooter who felt the program was misleading. That was certainly not our intent. As RLC323 stated, in the Central Zone and most of downstate, awards at Illini Indian shoots are intended for Indian members. We assumed all Indian shoots throughout the state were the same and therefore all shooters had that understanding. We were wrong in that assumption.

Second, saving award money has never been a driver in our event planning. We hold six trophy shoots a year and spend several thousand dollars on awards and added monies. Our emphasis is always on providing friendly service, quality targets and good food.

We are always looking for ways to improve and clarifying our programs will be on the agenda at next month’s trap committee meeting. Your feedback is always welcome. Please send any examples of Indian shoot programs that you feel will help us improve.

Again, please accept our apology for any misunderstandings. We hope you to see you again.

Dennis Kerns, PS&T Trap Committee

12. tracyhunter

tracyhunter Member

could you print out the number of shooters in each event?16,hdcp,dbls.thank you.
    Jim

13. Harv Shell

Dennis, you have a PM. Harv

14. Harv Shell

Jim, click on the website and go to the July 21 results. Just click on each event. Harv