1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

@@ PEOPLE WHO SCREAM FOR TARGETS @@@@@@@@@@@@

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by hubcap, Jul 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hubcap

hubcap TS Member

It is very annoying, especially when a target appears right before you begin to call for it.

hubcap

2. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    HOG CALLERS!!!!<br>
    <br>
    It's a mental game. They deliverately hope to annoy you, so you'll be flustered and drop a bird.<br>
    <br>
    If they're so loud they set off targets at the next trap houses, why aren't they being booted off the field for interference? Why does shoot management tolerate this?

3. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

They all should be thrown out of the shoot for bothering the shoot.

4. shooterchick

shooterchick TS Member

I HATE WHEN THIS HAPPENS!!!! I was shooting at the Nebraska State shoot and it was champion handicap day. a guy from Colorado would be on station one of the house to my left and when he would call it would throw targets on station 5 of the house i was on. The gentleman i was shooting with would have to pull his gun down and get his thoughts together. This happened to him almost everytime it was his turn to shoot.

I'm just thankful I don't have one of the loud obnoxious calls who everyone hates. I have a nice quiet one that ALWAYS gets me a target =)

5. bigclown

bigclown TS Member

It is very annoying and costs other shooters the enjoyment of competition and the host club a bunch of lost targets. Same thing happened to my squad last weekend...callers on the other field were LOUD, setting off targets on our field.
    How do the experienced trapshooters on this site handle it? Be polite and ask the screamer to moderate the calls...then complain to shoot management...or...?
    Thanks, Ed

6. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

I was pulling for a group with a guy that says eehhh!!!!!. Sounds like he's screwing a billy goat. He complained that I gave him late pulls, I asked him at what part of him taking a crap should I push the button. I then proceeded to ask him if he breathes in or out as he pulls the trigger,that screwed his whole game up.

<a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Jerbear

7. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    "Be polite and ask the screamer to moderate the calls...then complain to shoot management...or...?"<br>
    <br>
    Naw, lose it, yell at the trap girl, use swear words, get thrown out and theatened with trespass, then have others take your case before the ts.com uninformed jury, and then file too late with ATA or PITA to have anything done about it.

8. midalake

midalake Well-Known Member

Yup I hate it too, I now walk over if possible on the break between traps and kindly ask the person to call softer.

GS

9. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

What's that rule about disrupting shoot harmony all about? Hap

10. Hap MecTweaks

Hi Gary, that sounds like three buddies having a very good time shooting togather! Looking forward to seeing you at the fall shoot here. Hope you can make it. Hap

11. COLOKOLAR

COLOKOLAR TS Member

I shot with a guy in Colorado at the old Buckeye Trap club who would use a different call every time--it'd be "HA"- then "BIRD'-- then "HUP'-- then "PULL"-
    & he'd use a different one for all 5 birds......I think I remember counting 8 or 9 different calls---didn't shoot singles very well that day so If that was his goal, it sure as heck worked on me.

12. Hap MecTweaks

Email sent Gary.

Someone posted here a while back how three buddies would make the call, it was funny too. First was "BUD" second guys call was "WISE" and last was "ZUR", I got a big kick outa hearing that one knowing those guys were having a ball shooting. :) Hap

13. Bvr Tail

Bvr Tail Well-Known Member

If I'm not used to the squad I'm on, I listen for the voice call of the shooter before me so I'll know when to call for my target. I once shot after a lady who called like a goosed seagull! " EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"!!!

It was a little distracting at first, but then became comical. She was a real nice lady, but had a very unusual target call.

I was shooting so bad it didn't matter anyway.

Danny

14. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Some of our duller shooters think you have to yell into the speaker to get a target. They think more is better when actually less is better.

Don

15. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

I've experienced this problem several times. Thought about it after the last time it happened. One of my squad mates found the loud-caller after the last shoot, and told him that he was setting off birds and that he needed to call more quietly, but I think next time I will raise my hand after I shoot, and ask our puller to get shoot management to quiet that caller down.

If s/he is doing it to mess everyone else up, that should fix the problem and possible work against him/her. But I doubt that they do it on purpose. Many shooters don't have good hearing, or they are afraid of slow pulls, I guess.

16. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

Very funny I didn't know there were so many perfect people on this forum. Get a life and get over it.

Only one thing whines more than a sick puppy and that is a perfect trapshooter.

Bob Lawless

17. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Bob; I tell you what let see what you would do if it happened to you 95 out of a 100 times. As you are getting ready to call your bird and one flies out, let's check your score. But if memory serves me right you only shoot 4 or 500 targets per year. So either get into the competition or get out of the conversation.

Don

18. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

Are compensating for somthing.....

Ronbo

19. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

I don't think the majority of loud callers knows they are setting targets off on another trap. I have a soft call, but even if i screamed, I'd still be looking for my own target to appear, not watching what happens at another trap.

The problem is much worse with long yardage shooters on a trap next to short yardage shooters. In fact, it is way too common. Shoot management could do a much better job in that regard by having adjacent banks filled with the same yardage groups wherever possible. That also saves wear and tear on the hardware, because you are not moving it from the 20 to the 27 after each group shoots.

20. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

I was at a shoot about a month ago where the fields were a little closer than normal. While on the second trap the new group on the first trap had two guys that were loud enough that both of them were setting off the targets on our field. We finally. all of us on the second field, turned the speakers to face away from the first field. This was not a permanent fix. We still got birds thrown when the two loud callers made their calls. But it wasn't every time and we adjusted and finished our trap. Dan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.