1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

People think I'm Crazy

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dr Joe, Feb 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr Joe

Dr Joe Member

People think I

Who of you out there would invest $1650 to bring a 1964 Broadway back into use?

2. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

If it fits like a glove and you shoot it very well ... seems like a good investment in an old friend!

3. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Why not? Consider what a new Miroku Citori would cost and consider what you would have when done with a restored gun. Sounds classier.

4. Dr Joe

Dr Joe Member

I'm glad to hear I'm not alone in my thoughts. Some added info about the gun is that my dad bought this gun in 64 and held the high gun championships in 2 clubs near Chicago from 69-71. I sent it to Midwest Gunworks and had Briley chokes, a gracoil and complete rebuild done. today I shot a round of sporting clays and shot better than ever. I can't wait to get to a trap field. It would only be better if I could watch my dad use it again.

5. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

You must like it or you wouldn't be asking. That's "almost" a new gun,(grin) GO FOR IT give it that minor tune-up. I still do most of my shooting with a Rem.31 TC made in 1941, have others SBTs etc. just feel more at home with that 31. Enjoy your Broadway.-- Ross Puls

Edit--I must have been typing when you made your 2nd post, being your dads makes it priceless. Ross

6. 4EVRYOUNG

4EVRYOUNG Member

At first I thought you were crazy, The rest of the story being your Dads, at double the price it was cheap, good job!!

7. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Every time you use the gun, your dad is always there with you! I'd call that priceless!! Enjoy your dads old gun as he did!

Hap

8. bob easton

bob easton TS Member

Crazy? No way!!!!

Makes me envious of the great times you're going to have with that gun. ENJOY!

--
    Bob Easton

9. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

It is all about sentimental value- and who knows what that means

Could be something you always wanted or a gun in the family type of thing

Or something you read about when you were younger or saw some people that shot those at some point in your life.

It surely wont be worth $1650 when you get done with it- but it will be what you want and frankly the price of new guns is still going up so even an replacement citori brand new would cost you a lot

Regards from Iowa

Gene

10. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

There are somethings that are priceless even if only to you ... Glad you have the chance to bring something back to enhance your memories ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

11. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Seems like a small price to pay if it means that you get to continue enjoying an old favorite. Forget about terms like investment and resale this is more about the value of quality shooting times.

No different than a guy dumping tens of thousands into an old hot rod to make it as good or better than it was new. They don't do this with the intention of ever getting their money back - they do it to enjoy the experiences.

12. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

No brainer....old Broadways are beyond cool.

Having been Dads and knowing the history behind it....priceless.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.