1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PEOPLE HORDING AMMO-----WHY?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by shoehorn324, Apr 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shoehorn324

shoehorn324 TS Member

I started thread about not being able to find 380 ammo, now I'm
    finding out you can't buy most anything including componants--WHY???

THANKS FRED E.

2. fiftystr8

fiftystr8 TS Member

I have two opinions on it. One, is panick buying. everybody is afraid of new laws and limits on guns and ammunition. Second, and I hope I am wrong, but Obamma was running on the "change" in America. I can see a change that is forced by the people and not the government.

3. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

Probably for a number of reasons. People are afraid of Obama taxing the heck out of ammo and the proposed ammunition accountability act. Some might even be scared that if our economy has complete meltdown, they will need all the ammo they have to protect what is theirs. Hopefully, this is nothing more than a panic reaction and not something we will see all of the time. John E.

4. Stu Pidash

Stu Pidash TS Member

Sheer panic by people who think they will never be able to get any ammo again because of our current political leadership.

It is shear pandemonium for all who are trying to sell and shear madness for those trying to buy ... just utterly insane.

Personally I think it is a Democratic contrived conspiracy of a stimulus plan that all the gun toting rednecks of the US will bring our economy back so the rest of America will survive. Let it leak out that your not going to be able to get or that it might be taken away and WHAMMO they will buy and the will hoard and that will cause the economy to rebound.

5. bayrat

bayrat TS Member

Good barter fodder should that meltdown occur.

No, seriously, there is great concern about the "availability" of certain ammunition if the future. "Ammunition Accountability" is something that is being proposed in a few states, not on a federal level. At least, not yet!

However, there almost certainly will be a heavy tax put on ALL ammunition in the future. The "feds" have got their collective hands full with the "financial" crisis right now and just haven't gotten around to the gun issue as yet. BUT, JUST YOU WAIT! As soon as the California Crazies, like Feinstein and Pelozi, get their chance, the trap will spring and the grinding and gnashing of teeth will begin with a vengeance. OOPS! I almost forgot Chucky Shumer, but he's not from California. Doesn't matter though. Their collective conscience is the same. They hate guns and gun owners!

The Bayrat
    POC, TX

6. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Going to buy a buyer's market when all the panic buyers credit card bills start coming due....

7. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

The Clinton AWB induced primer 'shortage' of the 90's was similar, just panic driven hoarding. I'm still working off a cache or large rifle primers that I thought I just had to squirrel away back then. It is easy to get drawn into this kind of frenzy.

8. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

People are scared. Anyone with a brain knows that Obama is trying to destroy America. He grew up not Muslim not a Christian, not black and not white, fatherless with a mother that abandoned him to his grandmother. Obama grew up a bitter misfit hating America. Now he is in charge and he wants to tear us down. That is exactly what he is doing. And all the fools that have been poisoned by the left-wing America hating machine in our schools and media have joined him. You are watching your country die right before your eyes and some people know it. This man has already done irreparable damage to this country and he has only started.

9. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

There is seldom a single reason you can give to explain why a certain phenomenon is occurring. I guess we can tick off a myriad of reasons; but from the report I got last weekend, at the Silverado gun show at Frederick, MD, make no mistake, for whatever reason, this nation is arming itself, in unprecedented fashion. ........mike

10. GRR

GRR TS Member

Well said Highflyer, you got right. Powder and primers are hard to find and if you do find them their very expensive.

11. Lead Man

Lead Man TS Member

Just be sure and sift your powder and disassemble all ammo to remove the RFID packets that the government is making the manufactures put in all components. This is the same thing they did with the money a few years back. It only shows up when large amounts are stored together. This is how they tracked money from drug dealers.

Anyone feeling they have to much and will be discovered please PM me and I will take it off your hands before the jackbooted thugs come and take it all away. This is just one more service I offer to my fellow shooters. LOL

12. Stu Pidash

Stu Pidash TS Member

Another reason is that those who can are and those who want to cant so they just complain about it.

13. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

Lead Man,,the good news is those jackbooted thugs will be easy to spot,,they'll all look like your typical dark ACORN,,,

14. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

It won't do any good to have ammo when all your freedom is gone and the government runs everything. It is a sad time to be an American. By far the worst time to ever be an American.

15. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

I have my doubts as to weather or not the military or the police will follow this un-American sh@@heads orders,,,,,SERIOUSLY

16. Lead Man

Lead Man TS Member

All BS aside. How can anyone say they are not proud to be an American, it may be a sad time in politics but I for one think it is a great time to be an American. I do hope these pinheads get out as fast as possible, but I will stand as a proud American and proud of my country and heritage. No one and I repeat again no one has the power to take that away.

I suggest some soul searching far all who are wanting to hang their head in shame. I will not be judged or controlled by the boneheaded politicians.

By the way I have plenty of ammo and have had for years.

17. atashooter

atashooter Member

It won't be a "Come and confiscate your guns" deal, as the constitution won't allow it. It will be a " Tax the crap out of the ammo" or " You have to register for a card to buy ammo" deal. They will screw with the ammo, and not the gun,thus the panic buy. However, there are those like Pelosi, that will keep harping on gun control though...

18. 1oz

1oz Member

Ok i talked to a large distrubitor for reloading supplies .I asked whats the deal with primers and powder they told me it was the military is the reason for low supply . Just passin on

19. atashooter

atashooter Member

#10 caps have been slack around here also... G.I.'s going back to cap and ball too ?? haha, can you Imagine Iraqi Jackie looking down the barrel of a freaking Blunderbuss ??....hahahaha

20. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

atashooter has it right, they won't come to your house, cause that WILL end up with a lot of Branchdividian Waco style events only better organized by the gun owners, that would get ugly fast. easier to just dry up supply and tax us to the point where we cannot get ammo. Even with all the panic buying, the ammo will only last a few years,,,,,once primers are made really scarce, the reloading will slow or cease, then....what good are the guns......unless they have a bayonet??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.