1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

People and animals

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by ntgr8, Oct 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ntgr8

ntgr8 Member

Good for you. The HSUS add for funds really gets to me, how can people be so cruel?

2. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

The owners should be shot or at least treated the same way they treat their pets

We have two Danes they are brothers from the same litter and both have come down with cancer, we have taken them to 3 different vets and they all said it would cost an arm and a leg to try to cure them just to have them die from old age in the near future. Their tumors are on their legs and they bleed profusely at times so we can't keep them in the house anymore. Yesterday I finished a radiant panel that we put carpet on and they stay in the cabana they are nice and toasty now, went out this morning after the cold front came though, I think it would take a D9 to drag them off their heated pad

3. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

If you want to know the truth about someone's character look at how they treat animals.

4. kiv-c

kiv-c Member

Whatever you do, don't fall for the line of BS that HSUS pushes! They are animal rights wackos and are in bed with PETA and ALF.

Besides those obvious faults, they've also been exposed for diverting as much as 80% of all contributions to corporate salaries!

5. avery53

avery53 Member

We recently picked up a really nice Brittany that had been abused. Couldn't even pet her without her pulling back. She would yelp when touching her head.
    It took a few months to get her trust, but what a great dog she turned out to be. Wants to snuggle all the time now. LOL
    Would love to meet the SOB that did this (with no one around of course)

Dogs are people too!!!!!

avery

6. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

copper, thank you for your action, I hope these people get what they deserved.

7. THEKIDFAN

THEKIDFAN Member

Amen to what Steve said! Copper I hope you also went home and looked for a new realtor, in my book they are as bad as doing it themselves.

8. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

If more people stood up for thrights of others, animals or humans we'd live in a better place

9. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Being a hunter and supporting HSUS is like;

owning firearms and voting for a Democrat!

Stuck on Stupid!

10. Martinpicker

Martinpicker Active Member

Copper, Ignore the critics! You did the right thing! Get on board with what ever group will stop this kind of abuse!!!!! Good on you! Martinpicker

11. timberfaller

No critics here, yet.

The HSUS is no friend of animals, just look at their actions, not their words.

Check out the people who abuse animal, they are generally to poor to afford them and the fall in the category of being a bleeding heart liberal.

"Oh, I'll take them and care for them, honest I will"

Right!

12. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

I will call in a heart beat. I have called with the AH infront of me. That guy left his dog in a car in the sun on a hot day. While I was calling he came back out the store and gave me S%^t. The cops then showed up. He even argued with the cop saying he wasn't doing anything wrong. It turned out he was also a Med student at the Univ in town. Because of his mouth and poor judgement to the dog I call the school. I got some lady who wasn't to happy with the student. I will have to say he got the point that day.

Here in town people have been known to have a pet dog or cat and then just leave it when they leave school to fend for its self. I HATE THAT. Either take the animal with you or find someone to take it.

13. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Every dog or cat that I've had was a rescue of one kind or another. The latest is "Rycote"
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Geeze, you don't have to be an einstein to know that most people get a pet cause they think it would be "neat" till they find out about the responsibility, and inconveniences they never thought about before they bought the pet.

In other words, they are dumbasses, white trash, or blithering idiots that think 2 days ahead of their judgements.

Then the HSUS wiggles their way into county, state, and local levels to "control" this crap, and they take advantage of everyone else that thinks "oh, those poor animals".

Next thing you know, HSUS has a county budget, and they're trying to tell farmers how they have to raise their dairy cattle, lambs, pigs, and steers.

HSUS is a bunch of hipocrits that are only after liberal funding through disguised best intentions.

Watch those SOB's and be careful about how you manage animals.....or you'll regret it!

15. timberfaller

What really gets my goat, is the people at HSUS and their affiliates, "Prey" on the elderly and get them to "rescue" cats and dogs and then expect them to pay and pay and pay for shots, food and whatever else they need!!

Caught them doing that to my mom, shameless bunch!

And I am sure someone will come on here and dispute my experience. Fine, if you know of a "good" affiliate(shelter) tell them to cut their ties with HSUS.

It needs to go the way of NPR and Big Bird, CUT their funding, and let the free enterprise system work!

16. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Rycote is a really content looking and quite handsome lil fellow...glad you gave him a good home Mixer...I support my local no kill shelter whenever I can afford to...a few extra bags of food that the feed store sells me cheap because maybe it had tear and lost some contents..every little bit helps..my dogs and kitties have all been rescues or strays I took in with no luck finding the owners

17. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Member

Copper,
    To hear this kind of thing just breaks my heart! I am so glad you took action. And "BRAVO" to anyone who does a rescue and gives a good home to a nice pet...........Uncle Sam, Pa.

18. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-bMoPmtxBxI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

HSUS is an entity that feeds on people's feelings in order to get funds to perpetrate a far left agenda. they are a bunch of rotten creeps.

If they awaken people with their ads, that's the only good they do.

Donate locally if you want your dollars to go directly for the animals' care.

hM

19. trapgeek

trapgeek Member

Yes, the HSUS is not the organisation it wants people to think it is. It is not the same as your local Humane Society, that actually does care for animals. The HSUS (The Humane Society of the United States) is way different. Yet they prey on good, well meaning people, who are misslead about the HSUS's purpose. Go read up on it.

Trapgeek

20. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    HSUS is a front for anti-hunting politics, and they get their funding by pretending to care for animals. It's just like AARP preying on the elderly to support liberal causes. Or the American Red Cross taking in millions in donations specifically for 911 victims and their families, then absconding with the money.

Do some basic research on these groups before blindly supporting them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.