1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

penut oil for shot coolant???

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by jbmOU, Oct 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jbmOU

jbmOU Member

I found a jug of peanut oil laying around and was wondering if it would work for coolant.

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

NO, the kids will be eating the damn shot.

HM

3. chuck-d

chuck-d TS Member

Hey ! I bet that peanut oil would work ! about the same consistiney as brake fluid, and sure would smell a lot better than brake fluid..if you don't want to try it send it to me and I'll try it out. chuck-d

4. chuck-d

chuck-d TS Member

And on another note, what mixture do you use with the shot maker and soap for liquid ? I tried some cheap liguiq soap in cold weather but did not thin it with water and ruined the batch of shot. as before the brake fluid works great but the odor is tough espiecially in a garage with just the doors open, need to do something different but what ?

5. jbmOU

jbmOU Member

I guess I will try it out and see what happens. I couldn't tell you anything about liquid soap mixture. I haven't actually started making shot yet, but I should be within the next couple days. I'll be sure to let you all know how it worked.

6. chuck-d

chuck-d TS Member

jbmOU, I would appreciate it, I made 200 # yesterday but already had the ingots ready. the NEW brake fulid works good but not USED brake fluid it caused some problems ?
    Good luck with your shot!
    chuck-d

7. jbmOU

jbmOU Member

I made my first batch of shot tonight. The peanut oil worked great and my shot came out very consistant in size and perfectly round.

8. DoRaMa

DoRaMa Member

4170 N. Gun Powder Circle, Hastings NE 68901
    You may want to read this post on another web site. Hit the link above.

Kevin @ 402-463-3415

9. chuck-d

chuck-d TS Member

jbmOU, thanks for the information I have access to quite a lot of peanut oil but it is used was yours used or new ?
    shooting jack, what is spraying oil ? I live in farming country and they spray crops but I never heard the term "spraying oil" chuck-d

10. jbmOU

jbmOU Member

My peanut oil was used. It works great but is kind of hard to clean off of the shot, the best thing I have found so far to wash it off is dish soap and water, but there is probably something better.

11. chuck-d

chuck-d TS Member

jbmOU, Thanks again. will try some later .
    chuck-d

12. chuck-d

chuck-d TS Member

I appreciate all of the information about the shot making. I guess most of the spray oil in my area is already mixed with the concentrate from I have found out so far. another thing I have quit using the graphite can't see any difference in the pattern. Is there a reason eveyone uses it that I don't know about ? chuck-d

13. richrob

richrob TS Member

Graphite is mainly used so the shot does not bridge in your reloader. -Rich

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
oil used in shot making

youtube oil for making shot