1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Pentagon civilian layoffs 46,000

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Rick Barker, Jan 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

This announced today in www.dailyjobcuts.com

Cut are in contract and temporary jobs.

2. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

We only spend more on the military in the USA than the rest of the world combined. 46K in people, and their salaries, a drop in the bucket.

3. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

But we are also requested by those that pay little for THEIR military to come rescue their butts when thye are in trouble,,,,,,,,and just how much do we spend on the rest of the redundancy in government?????

4. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

shot410a- you do sleep safe in your bed at night-- why are you anti military?

Think before you post

Cut the foreign aid before you cut the Department that protects us

Regards from Iowa

Gene

5. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

Here it is nearly 70 years after the end of WW II, and 60 years after the end of fighting in Korea. Germany, Japan, and South Korea have some of the biggest economies in the world, and we are still maintaining huge forces in those countries? Can't they defend themselves? I read yesterday there is talk of spending millions, if not billions, to send US forces to "train" Africans in Mali. Do we really need to get involved in yet another third-world cesspool?

6. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

The report said full time employess will get 'furloughed' one day a week for 22 weeks. I guess the 46,000 will draw unemployment, food stamps and so forth?

7. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

I don't consider that a layoff, that is just a cutback in hours like millions of other Americans have had to go through.

Think they are trying to avoid Bamacare????? LOL

I doubt the defense contractors who build the weapons for the military will be getting shorter hours, I think those people will be laid off.

8. JT 27

JT 27 Member

How many billions of $ go to foreign aid? Most to countries that hate us. Eliminate that first! Layoffs & pay reductions should go to the hoards of government employees that are crippling this country.

9. crusha

crusha TS Member

Uh huh. Here it comes.

Java Man got re-elected. Surely you didn't think the job-cuts were going to be limited to the "right-wing side" of the Federal Government Job Carnival, did you?

10. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

Thats right , cut some of this foreign aid to keep our American people working . If they don`t do their job - dump them in a heart beat . Be fair and pay fair . Get rid of all unnecesary workers if you have to - not to make it look good on paper !!!!

11. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Quite a while ago I found a website that listed all fed govt jobs that opened and they would email them to me, there was at most 2-3 a couple time a week in the fields of jobs I wanted to see, since the great divider has been reelected there are about 25-30 daily

Guess now he is hiring his votes

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.