1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Pennsylvnia (and Ohio) shoot attendence?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Michael Jobe, Jun 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael Jobe

Michael Jobe TS Member

How's the attendence been so far this year? I know the Western PA Zone shoot was small, I've heard the Keystone Open was way down, as was the Zippo in Bradford the past weekend. How was the Buckeye Classic in Ohio?

~Michael

2. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

Announcement over the PA said an increase of 17% over last years classic.

State shoot (Ohio) is predicted to be a larger turnout also.

A nice place to shoot. Easy access to I-71 and lots of campsites.

Regards....Gerald

3. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

I was told the great lakes grand was down 18 per cent

4. trpshtr2001

trpshtr2001 TS Member

I heard one of the directors say the Buckeye Classic was UP 30% over last year. One beautiful place.

5. K80433SC

K80433SC Member

We are all aware of the financial strains that have increased in the past year, and the negative effect they will have upon tournament attendance in 2008, and beyond.

The primary reason for an INCREASED attendance at the Buckeye Classic in Ohio is the facility, itself -- pure and simple.

The Fishburn family has taken a different approach to shooter needs and (even) complaints, by actually addressing the concerns of the participants in the form of changes and improvements. Instead of taking the attitude of "WE run the shoot" or "If you don't like it, stay home", this premier shooting facility has actually LISTENED to those who pay the bills.

This place will only continue to grow and flourish, with their shooter-friendly way of doing business. I heartedly applaud the Fishburns and their willingness to respond to the opinions of the participants at the shoots in Marengo. There are many other shooting complexes that could learn some valuable lessons from them.

I know that my discretionary income has dwindled in the past year or so. I also know that it is (solely) my choice and responsibility to spend it as dutifully as possible. The Cardinal Center will definitely be the beneficiary of some of my recreational dollars in 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.