1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Pennsylvania Grand

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by wdr-NY, Jul 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wdr-NY

wdr-NY TS Member

Ugh! So I shot events 1 and 2 at the PA Grand today. I wanted to get on the road and back home as early as possible so I could spend Friday night and the 4th with my wife and kids. Unfortunately, I left before checking to see how my father (Gerry Ostrander), Chris Vendel and Steph Sandler shot in the caps. I drove right past them while they were finishing up on 8D... I saw Dad had his hat on backwards so I assumed he wasn't shooting well. I was wrong.

Pop broke 98 and tied for the lead. He finished runner up. My step mom, Jody Kovacs finished lady runner up (I shot with her, she was hitting them hard). It looks like dad's 98 paid for all of this weekend and most of the NY State shoot next weekend. I'm so disappointed that I missed his shoot off and didn't get pics to post here.

I'm proud of you pop... good shooting.

The moral of the story? Shooting MUST come first in a trapshooter's life... my wife and kids would have forgiven me for not getting home until Saturday morning (its a long drive for me) but I will NEVER forgive myself for leaving the shoot early!

Walker

2. wdr-NY

wdr-NY TS Member

Here is my Dad, Gerry Ostrander, shooting off in the Keystone Handicap with Doug Jones from this past May. Granted, its not the shoot off from today at the PA Grand, but it IS Elysburg and it IS handicap. Doug is on post 3 and Pop is on 5.

Walker
    [​IMG]

3. wdr-NY

wdr-NY TS Member

One more of Pop shooting off in the Keystone Handicap this past May... Dangit! These should be pics from today! I dropped the ball, folks.

Walker
    [​IMG]

4. wdr-NY

wdr-NY TS Member

This is a pic I took today at the Grand. I shot on bank 5 post 4 during the Independence singles. This is the view from my starting post. The lighting isn't so hot because it was an overcast day today.
    Walker
    [​IMG]

5. wdr-NY

wdr-NY TS Member

This is a view of the Patio looking up from bank 5 during the Singles today.

Walker
    [​IMG]

6. wdr-NY

wdr-NY TS Member

This is a view from bank 5 looking back toward banks 4 thru 1. Again, sorry for the lighting issues...

Walker
    [​IMG]

7. wdr-NY

wdr-NY TS Member

This is looking up from bank 6 toward bank 7 during the Independence Handicap today.

Walker
    [​IMG]

8. wdr-NY

wdr-NY TS Member

One more, looking up toward bank 7 from 6 this afternoon.

Walker
    [​IMG]

9. wdr-NY

wdr-NY TS Member

I see Christopher Vendel broke 99 in the front hundred this morning... good shooting Christopher.

My squad is shooting without me today... :(

Chris Landon 98
    Jody Kovacs 94
    Christopher Vendel 99
    Empty
    Chad Landon 97

Go get em on the backside, guys!

Walker

10. wdr-NY

wdr-NY TS Member

Congrats to Steph Sandler for capturing another Lady Champion Trophy for her 97 in today's PA Grand Championship Handicap. Steph tied with to other ladies at 97, one took Champion Runner up and the other Steph beat in a shootoff for the Ladies title.

Great going!

Walker

11. joannl030

joannl030 Member

Hey Walker--Jerry and I left early Sunday morning to get home for my family reunion. How did anyone else do? Congrats to Stephanie...hope to see many of you at Cicero next weekend!
    Jo Ann & Jerry

12. wdr-NY

wdr-NY TS Member

Jo Ann,
    Pat McCarthy(27) broke the lone 99 in the Caps. Lisa Baldwin(21), Steph Sandler(27) and Mary Thompson(27) all broke 97s. Lisa took Champion Runner up, Steph won Lady Champion in the shoot off against Mary.

Brad Heath took HAA and Bob Malmstedt took HOA.

Noone from Dad's squad did anything of note. Both Chris Vendel and Phil Boinske dropped a couple of birds on their last trap to take them out of the running.

I went 23,24,24,19... I blew it.

See you at Cicero!

Walker

13. remtrap

remtrap Member

Hey looks like my 90 on Saturdays Hcp at the Pa Grand, squad 12 bank 12 from 27

23 25 24 18 ouch!! found out post 5's mic was unpluged from the box but not before i chased a slow target (oops) LOST and then we stopped to find the problem. The guy who started on post 5 got all his targets from my mic from post 4 !x@*% :0( then the whole squad dumped.

Like your posts and pics, Shoot Well; Tom Furst

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

pennsylvania grand program for trap shoot