1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

penn state shoot, lodging

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by shoottilithurts, Feb 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shoottilithurts

shoottilithurts Member

looking for tips about place to stay..closer the better, are there on site rentals etc...thanks...milt luther

2. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

There are some motels very close by, but at best they are 1 star. A lot of people stay in Danville (just off RT 80). There are many hotels there (the usual chains) and it is an easy 8 mile drive down RT54 to get to the PSSA grounds.

I've stayed at the closest motel. I'd much rather drive the 8 miles and stay in a nicer, cleaner, quieter, better smelling place.

3. Pull Bang

Pull Bang Member

FYI

The Key Motor Lodge in Danville is closed for renovations. It will open in June as a Motel 8.

When calling the Key the recording instructs you to call the Quality Inn in Danville.

I have talked to the manager there (Dan) and made reservations for the State Shoot. They have a rate for trap shooters. ($69.95 as I recall, don't hold me to it!!!)

Frank

4. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

The Red Roof in Danville is for the most part clean.

Last year I stayed at a Quality Inn in Selinsgrove.....about the same money but far superior in cleanliness plus a continental breakfast is included.

Curt - Delaware

5. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

here are some others. Edit: link wont work, see below.

Hapton Inn, Quality Inn, Days Inn, Best Western, Barn Roof inn.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.