1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Penetrating oil?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by shark1, Jul 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shark1

shark1 Member

What penetrating oil to put on glow plugs in Mercedes? Would Kroil work well? Seems like people rave about this for stuck choke tubes. I have not started the job yet and would like opinions. Ps, I do not know how bad they are in there yet. The car is not like my 1984 300SD. Thanks Mike Sharkey, DC

2. Twinbirds

Twinbirds TS Member

Kroil is the choice of top mechanics. It has been proven to crawl into spaces as small as 1 millionth of an inch.

3. chipking

chipking TS Member

Do the work with the engine cold (or at least ambient temp). Removing plugs or bolts when the engine is hot is almost a guarantee for galling and or striped threads. Give the penetrating oil time to do it's magic don't just put it on and start cranking. Put it on everywhere you want it and go have a cool drink or cup of coffee, check the new posts on TS.com for a half hour or so and then go back to work.

--- Chip King ---

4. hoot619

hoot619 Member

Sea Foam Spray is a very good product which works KEN u

5. pdq

pdq Member

Kroil.

Pete

6. kenf

kenf Active Member

Find yourself some In Force from BG. Most new car dealers carry the BG line. Best stuff I've ever used.

7. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Sea Foam spray or "Bust Rust" will loosen them but quick ... Spray them and wait about 5 minutes and out they come, no more problem ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

8. Model Number 12

Model Number 12 TS Member

Kroil and a little patience have worked wonders for me in freeing up rusted, galled, frozen or any other kind of threaded fastener I've ever encountered.

9. biglee450

biglee450 TS Member

Go with Kroil. Hey twinbirds Kroil "KREEPS". It does not crawl.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

penetrating oil for galled threads