1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Penalty yardages

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by leadslinger 2, Jun 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leadslinger 2

leadslinger 2 TS Member

At a registered shoot on sunday a friend of mine was penalized to the 27 yard

2. rmngtngrl

rmngtngrl TS Member

was it in the program...Sometimes for a certain shoot..Usually a state or other big shoot penalty yardage will be assigned...if you do not have the required number of targets...more info is needed to truly answer this question...

Kym

3. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Where? And, of course, how - was everyone?

Neil

4. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

A few years back, I was penalized to the 27 at an Ohio state shoot. I hadn't shot enough targets to satisfy the minimum requirements. Penalty class in singles and doubles works for the intended purposes more so than yardage in my view. Who's afraid of a handicap sandbagger anyway? One out of thousands or more may cut the mustard in handicaps, maybe? The one's I'd penalize if I was boss would be the new shooters barely making the minimums and showing up at the major shoots. Those bare minimums should be for past member records and not new shooters, especially at the big shoots. JMHO

Hap

5. phirel

phirel TS Member

There is no rule prohibiting penalization to the 27, but it is a bit unusual. Most programs will penalize something like 2 yards with a minimum of 23 and a maximum of 25.

Pat Ireland

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.