1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

penalty at pa state shoot

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by hdbrs, Jun 6, 2013.

1. hdbrs

hdbrs Member

i have 700 registered targets so far and hopefully another 200 this weekend. was gonna go to the state shoot this weekend to look around and maybe try to shoot. im a b class 20yd line shooter. if i shoot at elysburg what will i be classified as. i don't really care as it will be a donation wherever i shoot from. im not gonna embarass myself from the 25 yd line though being as I've only ever shot from the 20 3 times. thanks

2. hdbrs

hdbrs Member

i have 700 registered targets so far and hopefully another 200 this weekend. was gonna go to the state shoot this weekend to look around and maybe try to shoot. im a b class 20yd line shooter. if i shoot at elysburg what will i be classified as. i don't really care as it will be a donation wherever i shoot from. im not gonna embarass myself from the 25 yd line though being as I've only ever shot from the 20 3 times. thanks

3. T.A.K.

T.A.K. Member

Shoot from the 25 but it might be 23 yards penalty only. You might surprise yourself. I always found myself to be a better penalty yard shooter before I got my yardage. Mostly because I relaxed and found it fun to shoot way further back than I was used to. It's up to you though. Go enjoy yourself!

~TAK

4. Shootrman

Shootrman Member

Unless the rules have changed. Doesn't one only need 500 targets to shoot without penalty?
    I think the Grand is 1000 but your talking about the state shoot ( I assume ). 1500 targets in 3 years.
    Correct me if I'm wrong

5. Mr MardiGras

Mr MardiGras Member

The State has high target requirements.....you will shoot A in singles.....23 hcp

6. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

hdbrs,

The link above is to the PSSA webpage and the state shoot program. Read it for all the skinny.

The PA state is most likely the 2nd or 3rd largest shoot in the country. Target requirements will be on par with the Grand.

Please go, you will have a blast.

Guy Babin