1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Pen-Mar Canceled This Saturday

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Linda S, Jan 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Linda S

Linda S Member

The weather forecast for Oxford, PA on Saturday is calling for 2-4 inches of snow in the morning with 0.1" ice from sleet and freezing rain. The temperature is expected to be 33-35 degrees and there is a Weather Advisory in effect until 1 pm.

Based on this forecast, we are cancelling the shoot for this Saturday the (21st). It will be re-scheduled for February 11, 2012.

See you all next week (the 28th) for the Cedar shoot at Quarryville.

Linda

2. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

Really? man. Wish I shot with you guys.

Anchorage has 55 inches of snow on the ground, it hasn't been above zero in 13 days....and league is running 3 nights a weeks with a registered skeet shoot this weekend (supposed to warm up all the way to TEN) and a 'fun' trap shoot last weekend.

One of our league shooters has a little thermometer on his shooting jacket as a zipper pull....tuesday when we finished shooting it said -22.

We figure the only reason we do it is because we're stupid.

3. WTW

WTW Member

It's ok with me.

Ted

4. Grayson Mayne

Grayson Mayne Member

Jeff P that's what it think also. But then again maybe it's a dry cold. Ha. Ha.

5. Oscar Ray

Oscar Ray TS Member

Jeff P, You guys have no choice, if you wanna shoot, you got to shoot in the cold and snow. I lived in Palmer for years, back in the late 70's and early 80's and loved it. I would have shot tomorrow! LOL

Oscar

6. WTW

WTW Member

It was a good decision. I only live three miles from the club and at 10:00 AM you could hardly stand up in my drive way. The last day we had snow only one half of the shooters showed up.
    I would say one half of the league shooters are vets or senior vets, not good to ask them out in this kind of weather.
    We also have alot of shooters who travel over a hour to get to the shoots.
    We have all winter to shoot and I am sure there will be better days.

To all a good night, see you in church tomorrow !!!!!

Ted

7. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Yep..was a wise decision Ted

8. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

Lest anyone think different of me...my constant refrain up here this winter has been "there are LOTS of days that AREN'T five below" to shoot.

I'm moving to Missouri next summer. I'll probaby die of the heat, though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.