1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Peltor Tactical 6-S ear muffs

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by wanderer, May 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wanderer

wanderer Member

Hi:

I have the above referenced ear muffs. One side needs new batteries. Anyone know how to access the batteries? Must be thru the interior lining, but how to remove the muff lining without damage? Thanks, Gary E. Gasaway.

2. mallardfilmore

mallardfilmore TS Member

Eddie's correct but just a little more info. you have to pull the plastic ear piece off by hooking a finger under the plastic ear piece and prying outwards, then pull the foam out and you'll be able to see the batteries. If the plastic ear piece has never been off, they can be a little stubborn to pull out. When you replace it, just make sure it snaps all the way back into the track.
    We used these for range training and they can have some problems with corrosion under the foam if they get wet and aren't allowed to dry out completely. After a hot sweaty day or if you get caught in rain, I'd recommend pulling the ear pieces off and taking the foam out and let them dry out over night.
    I still think the Tac-7's are a better set but the 6's are a lot thinner and lighter.

3. wanderer

wanderer Member

Eddie and Mallardfillmore:

Thanks for info. got the lining off. Just took more effort than I thought it should. GEG.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.