1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Pelosi's Jet

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by recurvyarcher, Jan 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Of course, before you read what Snopes has to say about it, click on the URL above. Then you will see why Snopes has a big political slant.

While reading the article, pay attention to how Murtha muscled the DoD, and then read his following statement:

"Mr. Murtha warned the Pentagon against leaking information that makes Mrs. Pelosi look bad.

"They're making a mistake when they leak it because she decides on allocations for them," he said, referring to the Pentagon budget."

NOW the cut in the 2010 Defense Budget makes total sense...

2. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

So who do we complain to and how?

3. recurvyarcher

IMO, getting the COMPLETE word out, including the statements by Murtha and Pelosi, to all of your friends who are democrat would help. Connect the dots for them. The problem is that in this country, citizens have become so complacent in information gathering and politics that whatever they are fed on tv becomes the truth.

Even Snopes is getting in on the act. Read everything you can and pay attention...don't just rely on TV and Snopes. Wilson Livingood just took the fall for Pelosi.

4. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Well, you will learn to be part of the "political class" and not the entrepreneurs.

5. Sgt. Mike

Sgt. Mike TS Member

Sorry to disagree in part but here goes. It doesn't matter if a person is a democrat or republican or big business. They just don't get the message that the economy, the middle class, are hurting. How can a person with such influences as Pelosi understand what we go through? All they know how to do is spend more and more money. Michael

6. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

Would anyone agree that maybe the bitch should move to DC or give up the job,,,

7. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

I think she just needs a new broomstick to fly home or she could really go first class on ValuJet. $60,000 is more than most households earn in a year.
    What a slap in the face to taxpayers.

8. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

I am a little confused by this thread. The party in question has been doing this plane ride for 10 days short of 2 years. Don't some of you feel it is kind of late to make a political issue out of this?

Bob Lawless

9. recurvyarcher

ivanhoe, you might be one of those guys who doesn't really pay attention to what's going on around you in the world of politics. I hope that you become less complacent.

She has been taking this plane ride via military aircraft, but on a much smaller Lear-type jet that uses A LOT less fuel, at a much lower expense to the tax payers. She asked for a larger jet during the Bush administation, and it was denied. She now has a jet that has bedroom suites, etc.

Now that a democratic administration has come to power, and to get back at the DoD (which denied the use of the more luxurious jetliner) there has been a drastic (and dangerous) cut in military spending for fy 2010.

10. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

recurvyarcher

"ivanhoe, you might be one of those guys who doesn't really pay attention to what's going on around you in the world of politics. I hope that you become less complacent."

"She asked for a larger jet during the Bush administation, and it was denied."

Devi I am sorry you feel that I am complacent I try very hard to stay with all of this political BS but I was under the impression that madame Dip DoDo had already won this battle back in the day.

I might also add that the link to the article(which is dated Feb, 8 2007)you posted doesn't say she was denied nor does anything posted here in this thread. I read the article you posted and it would seem that the Whitehorse was behind the move. Still it doesn't say that it was denied. Gee I am sorry I have not seen this in the news lately not saying it isn't in the news just I haven't seen it

Bob Lawless

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.