1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Pelosi tosses cold water on assault-weapon ban

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Jerbear, Feb 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Pelosi tosses cold water on assault-weapon ban

http://thehill.com/leading-the-news/...009-02-26.html

By Mike Soraghan
    Posted: 02/26/09 11:59 AM [ET]
    House Speaker Nancy Pelosi tossed cold water on the prospect of reinstating the assault weapons ban, highlighting Democrats’ reluctance to take on gun issues.

Attorney General Eric Holder raised the prospect Wednesday that the administration would push to bring back the ban. But Pelosi (D-Calif.) indicated on Thursday that he never talked to her. The Speaker gave a flat “no” when asked if she had talked to administration officials about the ban.

“On that score, I think we need to enforce the laws we have right now,” Pelosi said at her weekly news conference. “I think it's clear the Bush administration didn’t do that.”

Outside of the dig at the recent Republican president, that phrase is the stock line of those who don’t want to pass new gun control laws, such as the National Rifle Association.

The White House declined to comment on Holder's remarks, referring reporters to the Department of Justice. The DoJ did not respond to The Hill's request for comment.

don't hold your breath...

Jerbear

2. shooter99

shooter99 Well-Known Member

Like I said before this is all a SMOKE SCREEN!!!

3. trappermike

trappermike Well-Known Member

I live in California. If you believe Pelosi about anything, you are a FOOL. She is a liar, thief and crook. She is probably a nice grandmother and her grandkids probably love her, everyone else should hate her actions and her attempts to control legal access to firearms. SHe is a full scale gun Grabber, do not forget that!!!!

MIke

4. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Beware of Greeks bearing gifts...........

HM

5. Model Number 12

Model Number 12 TS Member

I may be getting older, but I'm not getting senile. I don't trust her and the current crop of gun-grabbers in D.C. Consider this: The current leadership knows that any attempt to impose their gun-control wish-list in an off year election will cost them seats. By waiting until the 2012 election cycle they will have the Messiah to bring out the entitlement vote when he runs for re-election, this bunch doesn't understand or care about the gun issue, they just want their stuff. They will also have had enough time to buy votes with this so-called "stimulus", and will be able to hang out the carrot of more dollars if the Chosen One is re-elected. In fairness, this assumes that there are still profitable businesses around owned and run by "the rich" to beat up on and tax. Obama's re-election in 2012 will be the green light to steam roller over many of our freedoms, including gun ownership.

6. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

Ditto, GWII; Pelosi will support any anti-gun or anti-ammo legislation as sure as a bear craps in the woods. Does anyone out there think Obama will not sign any anti-gun legislation? As a 45 year member of the NRA, we will certainly have a fight on our hands. I recommend all shooters join as it will be our front line against such attacks. Darrell

7. butcher

butcher Member

Start giving gifts of NRA memberships to any of your friends or relatives that will give you permission.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.