1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PELOSI NIXES AW BAN!!!!

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Brian in Oregon, Feb 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Apparently Hell has frozen over.<br>
    <br>
    Has Dem leadership come to realize that banning guns is like touching the third rail? Has Pelosi figured out if a gun ban passes she will be the Minority Leader in 2011?<br>
    <br>
    http://thehill.com/leading-the-news/pelosi-tosses-cold-water-on-reviving-assault-weapon-ban-2009-02-26.html<br>
    <br>
    Pelosi throws cold water on weapons ban<br>
    By Mike Soraghan<br>
    Posted: 02/26/09 11:59 AM [ET]<br>
    <br>
    House Speaker Nancy Pelosi tossed cold water on the prospect of reinstating the assault weapons ban, highlighting Democrats’ reluctance to take on gun issues. <br>
    <br>
    Attorney General Eric Holder raised the prospect Wednesday that the administration would push to bring back the ban. But Pelosi (D-Calif.) indicated on Thursday that he never talked to her. The Speaker gave a flat “no” when asked if she had talked to administration officials about the ban.<br>
    <br>
    “On that score, I think we need to enforce the laws we have right now,” Pelosi said at her weekly news conference. “I think it's clear the Bush administration didn’t do that.”<br>
    <br>
    Outside of the dig at the recent Republican president, that phrase is the stock line of those who don’t want to pass new gun control laws, such as the National Rifle Association.<br>
    <br>
    The White House declined to comment on Holder's remarks, referring reporters to the Department of Justice. The DoJ did not respond to The Hill's request for comment.

2. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

The only reason she did this is hussein wanted to come from his branch and not hers,,,,he's taking on too much too fast for them and THEY are taking the heat,,,,he he,,,,having a little trouble with the puppet strings

"Memo to Eric Holder from Nancy Pelois, Speaker of the House:

I am in charge, not your boss.

Go over my head or around my back again, I will make your oval office pal miserable and you unemployed.

Anything and everything that gets done, gets done on MY schedule. Remember the spending bill? Neither of you try to mess with me again or I'll call a hearing and make you look like more of the little punks than you really are.

Love & Kisses.

Nancy"

3. a budine

a budine Member

With thick ice, too...Harry Reid has joined her in the opposition, stating that the Clinton style AWB will not be pursued in the Senate. Either they are blowinhg smoke - or there is hope yet for the 2ND Amendment - God Bless the NRA and all who fight for our rights.

4. ccw1911

ccw1911 Member

Probably not restrictive enough for her.

5. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

I've been on record that new gun laws will lose the dems too many votes in the upcomoing congressional election cycle that we are in right now. I think she reads my posts more than most on the forum.

Tahnks Brian for putting that up. I missed it.

6. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Why mess with an unpopular gun ban when you can later overtax ammunition?

7. Dednlost

Dednlost Member

Don't forget that the previous ban was a complete failure, didn't do anything but harass lawful gun owners.

8. shooter99

shooter99 Well-Known Member

All this is nothing more than a SMOKE SCREEN.They will try and slide us the golden weenie somewhere along the line.

Ken Cerney

Wisconsin

9. stims

stims TS Member

It's just a matter of time this isn't going away part of the reason Holder is there is for the ban!

10. shooter99

shooter99 Well-Known Member

stims, You are right on that. You know all of this is like Germany back in the late 30's.

11. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Could be she sees the hand writing. Many states are telling Obama hes going to far with all this commie crap.

12. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Guys, pay attention. The reference to Germany is chilling, if you know what happened to their currency in that time frame. they wound up defaulting the mark and going to new currency, Deutschmarks.

The likelihood if this is fairly plausible, given the level of debt. But first, of course we will have the hyperinflation.

Put your money in solid assets. Gold, guns, cars, machinery, anything that is not a popular fad.

Laugh if you want. I was flamed a couple years ago for ringing the warning bells.

HM

13. husker

husker Member

I think MIA hit the nail on the head. Wait until after the 2010 congressional elections and . . . Katy bar the door ! !

Roger Hudson

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.