1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Pellet Pistol Advise to Buy......

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by bgf, Sep 13, 2013.

1. bgf

bgf Active Member

I am looking to buy a pellet pistol. I would prefer a cocker but entertain CO2. I have small mice I wold like to dispose. 10 yards max. shooting. If I should go for a CO2 type, what is the life of the cartridge if left unused? What is the least effective power for my use?

Thanks...

Bernie

2. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

I'd look at the Umarex line - many are faithful copies of 'regular' pistols.

High quality, use rotary magazines (10 rounds I think)

3. quartering

quartering Active Member

small mice, 30 yards, pistol, umarex? i don't think so. good luck with it

4. jbifulco

jbifulco Member

Look at the Crosman 1377. It is inexpensive and you pump it so the power is variable and there is no CO2 cartridges to buy. For small mice at 10 yards it is plenty accurate enough. I have one and 10 pumps is more than you will need.

Joe

5. bgf

bgf Active Member

Thanks Joe...I will look hard at the Crosman. Any more???

Bernie

6. trappermike

trappermike Well-Known Member

Gamo, there are many models and bullet velocities. Mine shoots 1400 fps which may be too much, Walmart .com carries them at good prices. Mine works on ground squirrels and opossums.

Mike

7. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I was checking out some of the pellet guns at WalMart, they actually have a pretty nice selection of very workable guns, nothing special but will get the job done ... I have a few critters around that need to be executed, not sure if I want to use the CBee.22's in my yard but if all else fails ... I like the different ammo you can get, round nose, pointed and darts ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

8. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

quartering,

"small mice, 30 yards, pistol, umarex? i don't think so. good luck with it"

Who said anything about "30 yards"?

9. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

quartering did, Bernie said 10 yards which is even closer (better) ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

10. KIRKS AUTO

KIRKS AUTO Member

As jbifulco said, no need to look any further. 1377, for the $$$$ the most bag you can get. And dead on at 10 meters !!!! add the cheap stock kit and there you go. Kirk

11. chemist

chemist Member

Two web sites Yellowforum And gatewaytoairguns both have for sale and discussion sections. Good to look here for info.

12. legman

legman Member

bgf, I don't want to hijack your thread, but I want to ask a question that may be relevant to your need. Do any of you pellet gun shooters have experience with Aguila colbri rimfire ammo? Does this perform similar to air guns? Kenny Bruggeman

13. folothru

folothru Member

realy if you want to get serious check out AIR FORCE TALON SS made in the USA TEXAS will shoot c02 .8$ on a fill at local dicks paintball or sporting goods store get about 200 to 400 shot , will vary because you can crank it up or slow it down . barrels are baffeled you cant hear them go off because they will shoot 550 to 750 fps on co2 power adjustable . these guns are great you can change them to shoot hi pressure air pcp and will scream at 1000 fps you can change barrel lengths , calibers , and these are lothar walter barrels I have a condor ss in 22 cal and can hold an 3/4 in group at 75 yds it shoots at 1060 fps will stop ground hogs sparrows and is fun to take squirrel hunting.
    if price is a problem check out a benjaman pistol shooting co2

14. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

Bernie, I have a Beeman P3 pellet pistol. It is a cocker, air ram, 410fps pistol with a 1.5lb trigger with no creep. It will put 10 wad cutter pellets into the same hole at 10 meters. If you switch to JP domed pellets, you can kill any mouse at 10 yards. I believe it currently runs about $240. It is a superb pistol, with zero recoil.

15. bgf

bgf Active Member

ttt

16. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

Get the Crosman. They sell scope mounts for the gun, and a red dot sight ( Walmart sells for under $15.00) that is easy to zero in. Very affordable.

Rock

Jim

17. DanLee

DanLee Member

If you're just shooting mice, the Daisy Powerline 717 is pretty nice. Single pump and a good trigger. It's a starter for many air pistol shooters.

Dan

18. fly

fly Active Member

Steyr LP10

19. W.R.Buchanan

W.R.Buchanan Member

How about a normal Daisy BB gun. You'd probably hit more mice with a rifle sized gun than a pistol. we have one just inside the back door and it gets used a lot.

It has more than enough power to kill any mouse on this planet. Rats maybe not. But I have real German air rifles for that.

Randy

20. bgf

bgf Active Member

I am still looking...

Bernie