1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Pellet Gun Project

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by jakearoo, Apr 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

I would like to customize a pellet gun. I have access to a great deal of very nice wood and want a custom stock. Question is, what pellet gun out there is worth the effort-money? I would like suggestions on what are considered the best quality pellet rifles. Very accurate, hard hitting well made and with a conventional stock that would be relatively straight forward to restock. And, where to purchase suck a gun. I have seen some threads here that show me their are some very knowledgable folks about these guns. Help please. Jake

2. Texshooter

Texshooter Member

What about a large bore air gun? AJ

3. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

AJ,
    I don't even know what a large bore airgun is. The idea here is just to have a top quality air gun. My understanding is that most folks are shooting the .177 cal. now. I would also consider the .22 cal air guns if that is appropriate. I know there are folks on this board who are into this. I remember a thread discussing killing power of air guns. What I am interested in is the top quality air guns worthy of a place in the rack with other quality arms. Kind of a father/son project. Regards, Jake

4. hoser

hoser Member

Go to the classified section of www.targettalk.org and see the ad for the shooting coach that has 10-12 RWS 75 rifles for sale. He wants between 250 - $350 for each. These are super accurate recoiless match .177 rifles. The velocity isn't that great (575 - 650 fps) but the action is very easy to swap into a homemade stock. Very elegant operation and at backyard distances, can't be beat for accuracy. Easy to mount a scope also.

The powerful barrel cocker air rifle actions are quite tough to build a suitable stock for.

HoséR

5. buzzgun

buzzgun Member

...does this mean rivets in a Red Ryder stock don't qualify?

6. goosedowner

goosedowner Member

Check out the ling above, it is the best air gun site going.

Lee

7. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

The RWS 75 appears to be a target rifle. I would like accuracy and power but in a more conventional configuration. Jake

8. Texshooter

Texshooter Member

Jake, by large bore I was in reference to greater than 22 cal. Quackenbush Rifles and Gary Barnes are large bore air gun manufacturers, whose handmade air guns are suitable for hunting medium sized game. These are unique rifles, look them up online. The .25" is available commonly and has siginificant impact on a target. Korean 9mm are also fairly easy to get and are afordable. If you want an unusual rifle consider something like these. Lewis and Clark took big bore airguns with them (didn't need powder and lead was reusable). AJ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.