Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pelican Cases

3K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  jgb 
#1 ·
How many of you use them ? I also don't understand why they don't offer them with interiors like Americase for. Autos or O/U pre-cut. Pelican makes tough cases but the whole idea of one has to cut them out by ones self is BS,

#8 ·
Gilbo,

If you are really being charged as much as the case, then I suggest that you look around at different places to buy them. Getting custom foam cut should be no more than $30-$50 for a medium to large case. The place I used was in San Diego and is a direct distributor for Pelican. I can't remember their name but their prices were far below MSRP and they offered custom foam cutting at a very reasonable price.

#12 ·
I called Pelican today & talked to a Lady & it was a waste of my time. To say customer service is lacking would be Kind. I was told to call Custom Packaging Design who makes there Foam for the Pelican cases & again talked to a Lady, more waste of time. If one was to put foam in Pelican Cases to the shapes of Firearms in Autos & Pumps, O/U or S/S or Combo Guns they would have something. But I guess the Customers don't know what he wants, according to Pelican there are to many types of firearms to make different foam for. That's the Stupidest thing I have heard today.

#16 ·
I am the director of photography at a Daily newspaper and I have purchased several pelican cases for long telephoto lenses and other gear. I personally don't like the cut out foam but for a little more money you can get a custom more dense foam designed by customer and cut by pelican or a distributor. If you go that route you will never have to replace foam like you would with the cutout kind. Here is a link to one company http://www.casesbypelican.com/pelican-cases-sizes.htm?gclid=CMTrhdHr-bUCFW2oPAodQUMAmQ

I hope this helps

#17 ·
Well Bangalore I had never heard of useing a electric knife till I posted here & Pelican did not tell me either. What sucks is I gave away a brand new electric knife about 7 months ago just did not use it. So the Whining will begin. I guess I will have to go buy another one. I still feel Pelican should have the foam precut for Autos &Pumps, O/U, & Combos, just 3 patterns for shotguns. I guess I'm asking for to much & the Customer is never right ?

#18 ·
Pelican offers "pick and pluck" foam in some of its cases, but solid foam has shown that it can be more durable... plus you want to make the cut a bit smaller to securely encase the firearm components...

Seriously now, can you imagine Pelican offering three designs... and then a "gun" gets damaged - would the customer be right in suing Pelican for negligence? Maybe they should CAD every firearm, so that on the chance you want to have your gun's outline cut, it would be available?!... respectfully, the former option while seemly sensible, is a manufacturer's potential nightmare and the latter that is just too much to expect.

The customer is sometimes right... call your next door neighbor and borrow a carving knife... why buy another you'll probably never use again just to give away a second time...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.