1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PEEPS Barrel Columnator by Jack Seehase

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by bb-84, Sep 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bb-84

bb-84 Member

I was going thru some other gun related stuff and found this item. The pamphlet says it was for checking the trueness of barrels and could also be used to check POI. Its a two piece device One goes in the muzzle and the other in the chamber. Has pinholes which you look thru. Jack did get a patent on it. Anybody else remember this?

2. JPettengill

JPettengill TS Member

I own a set, got one of his barrels for an 1100 too. The peeps give you an idea of how straight the barrel is and a pretty good idea of impact point. The 1100 barrel patterns too tight, about 24" in diameter at 37 yards.

Jim Pettengill

3. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

I've heard of this device before. Care to post pics? I might like to make some for myself.

4. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

I've used a couple of cut off cases to do the same thing..A 12 ga. in the chamber and a 20 in the muzzle. Both cut off just above the brass and the primers punched out. Give you an idea of how straight your barrel actually is. Not perfect but you can see the difference in the width of the rings and see if its bent up or out of line.

Big Jack

5. old tex

old tex TS Member

Still have mine and I expect it is as effective as a laser device for POI and is great for telling how straight bbl's. are.

6. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

I got a set of them also they are made of aluminum I think.

As Big Jack said cut off a couple of hull's might give you almost the same effect but the Seehase peep's has rubber o rings to make them fit tight.

I think I know where mine are if so I will post them and insert the text that came with them.

Fogy

7. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Are any of you guys that own one willing to sale? If so PM me a message and price.

8. bobm

bobm TS Member

Seehase recoil pad. I have a Perazzi TM1 with a Seehase recoil pad and am amazed on how soft this gun shoots. The only comments I get on the pad is that it was produced about 25 years ago and was expensive.

Comments please

9. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

bobm:

I bought 3 of them at one time really forgot how much they was probably around 30.00 a piece but it was advertised that you could shoot a high powered rifle and just insert the strips in the pad to absorb more recoil.

I never had a model-12 or 870 kick me or should I say hurt me with them on the gun.

By the way pheasantmaster if I find mine which I think I know where they might be if so I will send them to you and the price will be right as in free so how does that grab you!!

Ok im not willing to give them away to just anyone but since the pheasant master was willing to buy some then I figured I would help him out plus this would be an early present for a big shin dig he is suppose to be in next year I think.

Foggy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
barrel columnator

jack seehase