1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Pearl Harbour plus 70 Years!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Fox32, Dec 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fox32

Fox32 Member

A great big THANKS to all of our Service men and women of today and yesterday! Especially to our GREATEST GENERATION today! Let's honor these great men and women and share a story of yours.

2. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

I was only 75 days old .

3. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

X2 Parkerguy

And I'm glad to see that this year the media finally remembered it and it was on the front page of the Dallas paper, and on the noon news

Seems in the past few years it went by without a word, or buried on the last page

4. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

Thanks for put something up. May we never forget what happaned and may we never forgive the Japs for what they did.

5. Claymuncher

Claymuncher Member

That is true we should always remember, never forget. But the problem is a to high percentage of the populous have or act like they have all ready forgotten 911 !!!

6. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Everything changed after that day. It is the most important date in US history in the last 3/4 of a century. Before that date the US had a small military, we were content to be isolated behind the oceans on our coast.

If it wasn't for Pearl Harbor, Korea, the Cold War, Vietnam, Gulf War, 911 probably wouldn't have happened. After the war the US became the defacto leader and police force for the world. All that because of what happened 12/7/1941. A day that will live in infamy.

The sad thing is they don't teach history in our schools anymore. I was talking to a couple of early to mid 20 years old today. Both had bachelor degrees from well known universities. I asked if they could name a general, admiral, or prominent military person from WW11. They couldn't. How in the hell can that be?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.