1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Pearl Harbor plus 68 Years!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Fox32, Dec 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fox32

Fox32 Member

Just a simple thanks to all that have worn the uniform and to those that still do! I still have the newspapers that my mom saved from that day. Thanks to the GREATEST GENERATION!!!!

2. warren

warren Member

Ahmen to that. I was 7 then and can remember the attack that war required tremendous sacrafice and we are lucky to have had many people who believed in this country and our way of life.

warren

3. below 0

below 0 TS Member

What would happen in America today if the smae thing were to happen? Would thousands of young men and women drop everything to "Volunteer" for the service? I pray we never have another Pearl, but wonder what would happen to America if it did. God Bless America and our Service Men and Women...lol Odie

4. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

If Obama were president 68 years ago we would win without ever firing a shot. He would have contiplated the situation for 4 mos. and then allied the US with Nazi Germany. Seriously, may God bless those who have fought for and died for this country and the young men and women who continue to so today.

Robert

5. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Been watching Nat Geo channel all morning...talking to survivors and also the wives and children....and you think I'm unreasonable not ever considering Hondas and Toyotas...they should nuked the whole island til it dissappeared from the map altogether..lost my grandfather and uncle in the Pacific theatre

6. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

And, perhaps, we should have nuked the entire middle of Europe to get rid of Germany?

7. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

May we never forget! We must teach our children and their children what took place and the sacrafices made by The Greatest Generation. My father was in California when the attack came... he tried to volunteer, but his eye sight was so bad that he was reject as 4F... So he volunteered for the USO, became a captain, and ran all of the entertainment for the troops from Santa Barbara - San Diego - into the Arizona desert. His collection of records from the dances and the entertainers he met made fabulous stories. Fred

8. hebbard

hebbard TS Member

Visited Pearl Harbor yesterday for the first time. My Dad's gone now - wish I'd been able to share the day with him.

Thanks to all the men and women who served our country in WWII, and to all those who serve now. My hat's off to you all.

Hebbard

9. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

No Chango2..Germany never directly attacked our homeland...but if you want to aim our boomers a little further southwest towards Iraq/Iran it would actually be like giving the world a dose of Preparation H ..instant relief to what is truly the ass-hole of this planet

10. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

I am curious if defeating all the baddies bigtime in Iran and Iraq would destabilize the rest of the Muslim world and provide grist for AH martyrs and cause more destabilization? That's one reason why I'm pissed at Obama, risking our troops for what maybe a strategy that will blow back in our faces, a strategy that might not be workable. In history, we always heard years ago that one must ultimately take and secure the land. And at what cost in particularly difficult terrain be it high arid mountains or dense jungle? That aspect worries me..from what I heard from a WWII vet and a history prof. way back when in college. Please, any other strategists can weigh in here?

An Israeli ex-paratrooper told me quite frankly that Israel could get rid of her enemies very quickly if needed with WMD. But the cost would be huge loss of life, destruction of the area, and mass destabilization...

So dealing with the bad guys of the world is, IMO, pretty complex regarding long term effectiveness/loss to the "good party" etc. Darn, I'm getting worked up, hate those fanatics that caused and are causing so many problems particularly since 9-11.

11. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

May we never forget.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.