1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Pearl Harbor Day?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by ysr_racer, Dec 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ysr_racer

ysr_racer Active Member

[​IMG]

2. ntgr8

ntgr8 Member

A woman that lives nearby was a navy nurse and at Pearl during the attack. She is well into her 90's, frail body but sharp mind. Has told me some interesting stories about that day.

3. John Thompson

John Thompson TS Member

My wife and I were at the Arizona Memorial about twenty years ago. Oil still bubbles up from the ship. Many were tossing flowers on the water and taking pictures of the marble wall with the casualties inscribed. It was very sad until anger took over. There were a few japanese on the memorial laughing and taking pictures, this did not sit well. My wife did have the good taste to see to it we were on Maui on Dec. 7th of that trip. My uncle Eddie was a army lifer joining in 1942 he retired as a bird col.. Eddie had a drinking problem, well it wasn't a problem, he drank. He was in uniform at the Memorial in the 70's and had to be restrained because he objected to the japanese laughing at this solemn site. He and Johnny Walker were pissed!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.