1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

peanut gallery

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by slayer, Jun 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

Hello all, I hope everyone is enjoying their shooting this summer. I participate in two local summer leagues in clubs near my residence here in MI. this past tuesday I was in the scorers chair during a particularly lively match. One of the spectators, who is also a league shooter found it necessary to shout at and taunt a fellow shooter who was the line. I hesitated in turning the trap back on between rounds and turned to look [stare] at the offending spectator. My question is this: Do you think I would have been overstepping my authority to halt the round and ask for the noise to cease? To me there should be some sort of decorum when the shooters are at the line, but some of my buddies disagree. What say you? Bill

2. oz

oz Active Member

this summer league (fun) shooting heckling will get you ready for registered (serious, no fun) shooting.

3. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

I have to agree with OZ to a point. Was the noise in fun or meanness? If it was just fun let it go but if it was meant to be mean then by all means tell them to shut the hell up.

4. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Just because he was heckling one person doesn't mean that it wasn't affecting the rest......by all means you should have told the heckler to quit.

5. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

No place for heckling.

6. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Thin the herd....

7. schneep

schneep Member

It is not allowed at our club and should not be allowed at any club during any type of shooting. It is a distraction that could cause an unsafe moment by any party. ie: a shooter on the line turns to say something to the heckler with a loaded gun, even in a joking manner, you still have a loaded gun facing the wrong way.

8. revbook

revbook Member

Wether it is League or practice doesn't matter. I am there try and do the best I can and distractions are just that....distractions.

9. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

thanks for all of the good input. Big c i will do exactly that in the future. Bill

10. minnship8

minnship8 Well-Known Member

Let the shooters decide for themselves, they have voices. I don't think it's any of the scorers business, and if he stepped in, I would tell him that. The scorer is there to score, period. Anything beyond that, and he is overstepping his minimal authority. There isn't some power bestowed upon him or the squad leader, as some people like to think.

We are big boys, we can speak for ourselves.

Regards,

Chip Porter

11. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

I am w/Big C on this one.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

12. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

You trap shooters need to get out more. A little fun while shooting never hurt anyone. I guess i thought we shot for fun. Registered shoots would be a different story in my world but league/fun shooting? Really?

13. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Was the whole squad in on it?

If not, I guess it'd be okay, as long as the heckler paid for the round and the shells for all.

14. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

At our club the scorer is ruler so to speak . He is safety officer as well as score keeper . Managing the line is his job . If voice callers are used and heckling is being done , he can shut the line down due to lost targets . I would have stopped the shooting if it was me scoring . Clown around on your own time , not the 4 others on the line trying to concentrate .

15. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

While there are actually heckel shoots where you are permitted to stand right next to a person shooting just as long as you don't touch him. Kinda like in a gentlemans club but not so much so at the same time lol. It is an agreed upon round by all parties and everyone kicks in a few bucks for the winner. A regular league or registered shoot though, I wouldn't allow it at a club I was in charge of. League and registered shooters are pretty serious about their scores. JMHO John

16. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

In answer to Auctoneer, the heckling was I think meant to be in fun not mean-ness. But it was loud...and relentless. Even though it was meant for only one shooter, it was heard by all. After some thought on the matter, I have spoken privately to the offender and received his assurance that he will at least tone it down some. Now I feel like somewhat of a killjoy. We are not all ata shooters, and for most of these guys a local league is as serious as it gets. One less distraction could be the difference between a 24 or a 25 and we all want more 25's. Bill

17. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

Regardless , it is uncalled for on the line . Do it over a beer or 2 when the shooting is finished . If it was between 2 shooters then why should the rest have to be distracted ?

18. docbombay

docbombay Well known trouble maker

19. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

OK Doc what was that all about? Something about heckling and running?? Wierd picture, too. Bill

20. docbombay

docbombay Well known trouble maker

Bill, you don't recognize the shadow of Bugs Bunny?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKWwbIwXDOM

Doc

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.