1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PEACH PIE SHOOT AT QUARRYVILLE

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Big Dave, Jul 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Dave

Big Dave Member

Time to start getting ready for the peach pie shoot at Quarryville! Tuesday August 17. Practice opens at 1:00. We will start shooting for pies when we have a puller and a full squad! 5 shooter, 25 target "green bird" events. One pie for high score and one for green bird. Click above for directions to, and info about, club.

2. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

I'm getting tired of missing all the pie shoots!!!! You guys have fun and eat a slice for me.

Rich (down 29lbs so far) in Indiana

PS Maybe its a good thing I can't find a Pie Shoot here.

3. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Dave...

Hope you have a good shoot and turnout, a bunch of us will be heading out to the Cardinal Center that day.

Rich...you gonna be able to make the Cardinal Classic this year?

Curt

4. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

Curt

Right now it looks like I will be there for the Singles Championship on Sat.

Rich in Indiana

5. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

Information on how the shoot is run as far as Pies are given out ? I`d like to start something like that at our club but an Apple Pie Shoot instead . We usually have a Green Bird shoot with a dollar off for green bird or a Free round , depending how much we have to give away . It might be simpler to keep it as we have than to purchase pies for an undetermend amount to be given away . Also do you charge an extra fee than normal rounds ? Thanks in advance .

6. Big Dave

Big Dave Member

We charge the cost of a practice round, plus the cost of two pies divided by 5, rounded up to the next half dollar. We have a pie shoot every three months and offer pies fitting to the season. Our next will be a pumpkin pie shoot in November.

7. Seitz Shooter

Seitz Shooter Member

Hmmmmmm.

I wonder who likes peach pies? LOL

Adios, Dirk

8. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

So the way I read this is all the shooters are paying for the pies ?? WE are a small 2 trap club and find ways to give money away to 2 food banks ($500 ea), 1 student scholorship ($500), 5 money shoots (4@$430-1@550) plus a $600 food for an Appreciation Day at the club for all who shoot plus all members and family shoot free . A Special Hot Dog shoot where all the dogs are free to all shooters and whats left over we cook up at other shoot days . This along with a lot of member free rounds through out the year for doing range duties and picking up targets for the club which alone comes to close to $1000 off our income plus $1 off a round if you get a 25 straight other than the money shoots that may be over $200 thru the year . If we could afford it we have a Pie shoot and give them as prizes and will if we have another few good years . Our 2 Super Stars are paid for and we have an all member work force .

9. Big Dave

Big Dave Member

The shooters participating in the event pay the cost of the pies, to get a chance to win them. We run our money shoots the same way. We have an all volunteer work force and all monies except the cost of the targets is returned to the shooters in cash or prizes, we make no profit from our shoots, but offer them as a little extra for our shooters.

10. Big Dave

Big Dave Member

THREE WEEKS

The BIG DOGS will be there!

<a href="http://s50.photobucket.com/albums/f326/dancingbear12/?action=view&current=IMG_0051.jpg" target="_blank"> IMG_0051.jpg </a>

11. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

Looks like a rough crowd. I guess it's a good thing I'm stuck in Indiana!!!

Rich (no pies here) in Indiana

12. Big Dave

Big Dave Member

Two Weeks!!!

Getting Excited!!!

<a href="http://s50.photobucket.com/albums/f326/dancingbear12/?action=view&current=5b675063.jpg" target="_blank"> 5b675063.jpg </a>

13. Big Dave

Big Dave Member

Next Tuesday

14. Remington STS

Remington STS TS Member

need to try to make it out for one!

15. Big Dave

Big Dave Member

Only two days to go, these guys are getting really excited.

<a href="http://s50.photobucket.com/albums/f326/dancingbear12/?action=view&current=weirddance.gif" target="_blank"> weirddance.gif </a>

16. Big Dave

Big Dave Member

TODAY'S THE DAY!!!!!

GET THERE ANYWAY YOU CAN.

<a href="http://s50.photobucket.com/albums/f326/dancingbear12/?action=view&current=cowasaki.gif" target="_blank"> cowasaki.gif </a>

17. JTEA

JTEA Member

You guys set some great targets yesterday. Thanks!

JT

18. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

What! No Peach Girl?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.