1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PC Purple Wads

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by FLAKETM, Mar 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FLAKETM

FLAKETM TS Member

Since Down Range doesn't have a contact number, any idea why they no longer make the one ounce PC Purple Wads or if there is a substitute anywhere??? Thanks.

2. lofat2

lofat2 TS Member

They do still make them, I just got some from Recob`s in Wisconsin. Its an 8 pedal 1oz. wad called `The Jammer`. Go to their site, click on reloading supplies, click wads, click `Downrange` & scroll down.

3. shrek

shrek Active Member

The downrange xl-jammer, while purple in color is NOT the PC purple that downrange appears to have stopped making.

The best substitute for the PC purple that I have found is the downrange DRA1 pink wad. Check the recipes for it as they are likely a little different.

It is most similar in size and works as good as the pc purple in the AA-HS 12 gauge hulls for 1 ounce loads.

I happened across a bag of the pc purples last summer and found they worked really nice in the AA-HS hulls and made for some really dandy 1 oz loads for singles on back to about the 22 or 23 yard line.

I remember several comments from some of my regular shooting buddies about how what ever load I was using was really making smoke out of the birds at one of the 100 bird shoots I used them at.

Might have worked even farther back than that but I gravitate to 1 1/8 oz loads beyond the 23.

4. FLAKETM

FLAKETM TS Member

Shrek: Thanks for the info. You're right. The Jammer is a substitute for the Windjammer II, also a good wad. But the PC Purple was a dandy for light loads. Pressure is real low on all PC wads. If the DRA1 has low pressure, I'll try it.

5. gcbluerock

gcbluerock Member

The Pattern Control Purple (Purple P C ) is no longer produced. Lack of sales versus burden of manufacture were the main factors that killed it. The mold no longer exists. There are a few of them still floatin around out there at some of the well stocked shops and clubs. There are several wads From Downrange Mfg that fill the bill much better for 1oz applications.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
p c purple wads reloading
pattern control purple wads
pc purple wads
puple pc wads

purple pc wad

purple pc wads

wads sal