1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PC -ALIVE AND WELL

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by mike-israel, Nov 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike-israel

mike-israel TS Member

On the thread "this is asine" abt the SEALS getting charged ---Someone had posted the picture of the VC getting abrupt justice --I had posted the following:

"On the above picture. If I recall the facts right the gentleman was the chief of police of Saigon or another high ranking officer and the receiver of the summary justice had been caught after killing a police officer.

Reminds me of when I came to Israel in 1974. I brought with me a Ruger Blackhawk with the two cylinder combo--357/9mm . Carried the 357 most of time stuffed with hollow points. Used the 9mm for practice as I could get all the 500 count boxes from the armory on my Kibbutz as I had the keys to the ammo bunker --must have shot 7k-8k UZI 9mm and the Ruger handled them AOK--the UZI/ISRAELI ammo was smg stuff +P+ rating.

Point of this--gaurding one night and one of the members asked to see the Ruger saying that he saw me carrying that great pistol. So being safety consience --read wouldn't trust any of my Israeli friends with a revolver as they have no experiance with same--I pulled the cylynder out and passed him my piece. Very nice he says- what ammo you using-so I pass the.357 which in 1974 was unknown to most here. He looks at the shell and says of the hollow point --" you can't use that its a DUM-DUM" --I answered --tell me if I kill a terrorist on the fence who is comming to kill your wife and three kids -----DOES IT REALLY BOTHER YOU WHAT AMMO I AM USING !!!" -----

EVEN IN 1974 "PC" WAS ALIVE AND WELL !!! "...MIKE

2. Bushmaster1313

Bushmaster1313 Well-Known Member

Mike:

I think the Kibbutz guy may have been pulling your leg.

If I am not mistaken, hollow point bullets are outlawed by the Geneva Convention for use in military rifles during war. I seriously doubt that anyone in Israel in 1974 would care about hollow points in a revolver.

Could it be that the Kibbutz guy was joking that you were breaking the Geneva Convention? Or was there really a rule in Israel that you could not put hollow points in a revolver?

3. mike-israel

mike-israel TS Member

Bushmaster:

I was waiting for someone to pick that up. No he was serious. I pointed out that the DUM-DUM prohibition was a Geneva Convention for soldiers at war and that civilians and police were not prohibited in the use of HOLLOW POINT bullets. Take into consideration Kibbutz membership as a given were liberal and far left in mindset.

So all in all a twit until I pointed out his wrong thinking. I am sure if you asked the man in the proverbial street in the US you would get a similar response......what do you think?

Question where do the milspec sniper ammo 7.62 168gr with the sierra bullet that has a small diameter hole ( I know this is for stabilazition) .Could it be considered a hollow point? If I recall the convention states that a soldier caught with dum-dum ammo can be shot out of hand....maybe a good discussion if this is read and taken up.....Mike sgm(ret) IDF sniper school instructor

4. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Mike, What is your country going to do about Iran? I'm asking for the personal perspective, from you. What do your friends, and people around you think should be done? I'm not interested in the goverment line.

5. mike-israel

mike-israel TS Member

>SHOT410GA--How about this being non PC.

In August we sailed two subs to EILAT,still there. We load them with three cruise missiles , which we don't have tipped with you know what which we don't have. Sail of the Iran coast .Launch then at QUOM AND TWO other plants that they don't have.
    Bibi gets up at the UN and says "WE ARE AS NUTS AS ANYONE ELSE--AND IF WE ARE THREATENED BY ANY OTHER STATE --THEY WILL GET MORE OF THE SAME!!". Never happen but in a just world should. You asked what I thought and you got it................MIKE

6. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Has not happened YET!!!!!!!!!

7. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

I think the Chief of Police ended up in Orange county Calif with a liquor store. No joke.

8. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy TS Member

[​IMG]

Here is an example of what PC can do!

9. mike-israel

mike-israel TS Member

Hey Grunt -- believe it or not I knew that abt the liquor store. Aim't America great.....under O"bama he would be charged with murder...!!!

10. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

I've heard about the prohibition of dum dum bullets since I was a kid, even some police depts wouldn't use hollow points until the 60's and then got lots of protests over it.

It is not part of the Geneva convention, it is in the Hague Protocol, and we never ratified it, but we have stuck to it kinda. When we used shotguns in WW1 the world was horrified by our brutality, so we used them to shoot grenades thrown at our trenches. Our first m16's were made way too slow a twist to completely stabilize the light bullet so they tumbled very badly when they hit something, a worse affect than a dum dum probably. The Russians made a nice air pocket in the nose of their AK74 5mm M16 equivalent round, with the nose light that bullet tumbles easily too. Oh yeh we aint supposed to use the M2 50 cal against human targets either, too inhumane, better to cluster bomb their ass. LOL