1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PBB..Protocall 1 failed

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by PerazziBigBore, Aug 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Well.. Now I'm grasping at straws.. When I went to MD Anderson last week I found out my toumors were again growing and protocall #1 was now useless to me.. It was as far as I was led to understand..the only one that had a possibly long term benifit..and the greatest hope of putting things in remission for possibly an extended term..

Today I saw my cancer doctor who has spoken with my Dr. at MD Anderson..Published in March 2011 is a basically new.. untested protocall..a study.. It's the best they can do for me right now...so I've started a new round of Chemo.. The prognossis is short term but I'm keeping my head up high and my shoulders back...round 2 has begun.. I don't know where its all leading too.. The pain is increasing..but the pain doctor is doing a good job of controlling it.. A crystal ball and 3 minutes is all I ask for..

God WILL give me the strength to fight... I just hope He gives me the strength to win.. Still slugging it out.. Thank you all for your kind words and prayers... Mike

2. mollyone

mollyone TS Member

GOD SPEED----GOD BLESS

Jim Park

3. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Mike just hang in there and fight the good fight. As long as you believe you can be cured then there is still oppertunity. I'll keep saying my good words to the good Lord above, like so many others, and you'll get this licked.

ss

4. BROWNST100

BROWNST100 Member

Hang in there, Mike...We need you around here. Get well soon.

Vern

5. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

My thoughts and prayers are with you thru your trying times. Be strong.

Matt

6. hoot619

hoot619 Member

Mike Keep up the fight a big bunch of us have you in our prayer daily. Your not
    alone we are all pulling for you. Ken U

7. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

Mike,

Give 'em hell.

David D

8. TC

TC TS Member

Hang in there Mike. Keep at it and never give up! Tony

9. awbenz

awbenz TS Member

Mike

My name is Allen Wilhite. I have had two Heart Operations with a 5% chance to Live.(disection)the last one was in the Cooley Building next to M B Anderson. spent 4 months in hospital and last 3 months in and out of Hospital. I am going to get strong enough to shoot again and will be at the grand next year so lets plan a place to meet and if its ok we could shoot togrther one event.

10. 22hornet

22hornet Well-Known Member

Think of this new, untested protocol as a Titanium Cole. That was a new, untested shotgun, and it worked out well. Hang in there and we will keep the positive energy coming your way. All good!

11. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

Mike...

I'm sure things look hopeless.

But I'm equally sure that sometimes the trials work...think off all the amazing drugs we have today for all kinds of things. Drugs that were, at one time or another "clinical trials."

You commented the other day about when/if there was no "meat on the bone, it might be time to bury the bone." that might be true, but you might also be suprised how much meat there is on that bone yet. I'm no regular church goer...but I'm a believer. A lot of my 'sunrise servies' have been deer stands. You can see some amazing things as the sun comes up each day....things that make you know there's a plan, and a reason, and a higher calling than you might see in everyday life.

Fight the good fight. A LOT of guys and gals are pulling for you. I see the outpouring of support here and I know you're a lucky man. I often think, when I see these kinds of things, that were I in a similar boat that my support group could maybe meet in a phone booth....

For you, we might have to rent out Yankee Stadium.

hang tough.

Jeff

12. mette56

mette56 Well-Known Member

Mikey,

Just this last week new cure options for some types of cancer were announced on major media staions. They stated that the new cell attachment therapy might apply to most if not all cancers. So "Hang In There" is the key phrase along with "Dear Lord, cure our friend Mike and multipy his days here on earth!"

All Good,

milt :)

13. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

Mike and all the other fellow shooters who are going thru these critical times in your lives , Even tho we don`t respond to all the threads , we still are reading and praying for a good outcome for all . God Bless you All for the fight you are fighting . We all want to see a brighter future for us all .

14. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Thank all of you for your kind and helpful words.. I'm still fighting the good fight..and with all of you behind me..certainly a damn better fight than without you.. Just.. sometimes I really get down.. My thoughts of all of you help provide me with inspration to keep on fighting.. I hope you all realize that.. If nothing else.. you play an important part in my life..

While sitting outside from Chemo yesterday..speaking to an old black man..we mutually agreed nothing bring people together in a brotherhood than the words "you have cancer".. and few if any can fully understand the mental impact that has on all of us.. Cloest thing to that brotherhood..is you my friends... Common together in our love of shooting..and usually a heart as big as our 27 yard shooters... Love you guy.. Keep the prayers comming...Maybe I'll make Sparta.. Mike

15. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

I for one am looking forward to seeing you at Sparta next year.

Only way for that to happen is for you to get well.

We are hoping and praying for the best for you and your family.

Hauxfan!

16. Surferboy

Surferboy Member

Love ya, Mike!

Steve

17. JoeE1

JoeE1 TS Member

Mike,
    Gotta hand it to you Mike. Your one tough cookie.
    Your friend in tough times,

Joe

18. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy TS Member

God bless you Mike. Through Jesus Christ all things are possible.

19. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

Mike, I wasn't going to go back next year, but if you are there I just may make an exception. Good luck in all that you do.

Rick in MT

20. R.Kipling

R.Kipling Well-Known Member

Mike,

So sorry to hear of your recent developments. However, your remarkable spirit is becoming a true source of inspiration. God bless you, and keep your family close.

The Kipling's.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.