Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

PBB...A question on barrel weight......

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  JACK 
#1 ·
Hi Mike, a great answer to Jack's question and something I have pondered over myself. My question Mike is, if you had a 34" MX8 barrel that was stamped kg 1.590 and you cut it back to 29 1/2", what would you guess it would weigh then with no other mods.? In other words,what is the weight reduction per inch of O/U barrel removed? I look forward to your reply, regards from down under,Donald.

#2 ·
I need ID.. OD at the muzzle and at 29.5".. to get a real number.. You'll be in the 1.4XX KG range.. but unless it's a top single.. there is alot of work to properly convert the O/U. If I were doing this..I'd strip the sideribs at the same time and install K-32 barrel hangars if it's an O/U.. and have a really neat.. fast barrel.. I'm happy to see people starting to understand barrel dynamics...but I still remain a fan of slightly longer..but light 31" barrels give or take a little bit.. As i'm still to weak to shoot.. i must live thru the shooting of all my friends.. I'll continue reporting back what I've found out.. So far.. I've pretty much been on the right page.. the Italians have it right.. DYNAMICS.. Winners circle.. They go together..

Send me a few more numbers..and we'll see..

#4 ·
I do not recall deleting my thread, regardless my query refers to my soon to be shooting TMX that has been bb by Wilkinson and rechoked obviously. Th bbl began as a 18.4 and is now a .740 by Wilkinson. I routinely replace bbl weight lost by BB with tennis racquet tape. But I want to know approx how much?. 4 ounces does sound about right.

Thanks a lot MIke,

Jack

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.