1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PBB... A question About bbl weight

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by JACK, Jul 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Mike. (and others can chime in) How much weight is removed from a 18.4 P bbl, 34" if you doctor the interior. To .740, long forcing cones, and a new choke?

In ounces or I can recalculate it. 2 ounces? 3 ounces? more?

2. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Just shy of 5oz by my calculations (assuming an o/u, divide by 2 for a single).

3. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

You'll need to deduct for the chomber section and choke.. which should leave about 30" of barrel.. The math is as follows.. one barrel..is .1853 pounds.. or double for both barrels.. Depending on the OD of the barrels.. you might consider stripping the sideribs.. Dan at Giacomo does these for me all the time.. You'll loose a quick 6 oz.. and sometimes even more... Then if you backbore they can get even lighter.. Wilkinson and Dan built my ultra light.. MX10 3 step rib.. 31.5" long .742 bore fixed choke .028/.038 1.36KG total weight.. They MOVE.. Now.. I set up a set of DB 81 barrels that are at 1.42 if my memory is correct.. 30" factory bore and choke.. NO sideribs..(looks like a MX3 Special with a taller rib..

My 34" Sporting barrels.. Briley series 2 chokes.. no sideribs.. 1.49KG.. no sideribs.. They Move too..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.