1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PB+Versalite for caps?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by NO BIRD, Apr 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NO BIRD

NO BIRD TS Member

I am looking for load information for sts hulls, PB powder, and versalite wads for long handicap. (27yds.) It seems like there was data for this load when I started shooting 17 yrs. ago. Since Downrange is making this wad, I am looking for data. I contacted kevein and was told versalite has its own data. Where?

Thanks, Jon

2. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

I have seen some DR-Versalite data, but for Clays, Green Dot & Unique/Universal, but never for PB.

That said, all of the data I've seen was 1:1 WAA12.

PB is not pressure-y; pick a speed you like and use WAA12 drops. You'll be fine.

Bob

3. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Unique would be a great candidate for the Versalite wad for caps. Years ago, there was data for PB and the Pacific/Hornady Versalite wad using components that may be considered obsolete. The best recourse if you cannot find data for the exact components you wish to use, would be to carefully guestimate a load (Conservatively) and have it tested for velocity and pressure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.