1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PB Powder

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by FNG, Apr 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FNG

FNG Member

I'm currently loading 17gr. of Clay Dot in the old style AA hulls (also STSs) behind 1oz. shot. Loading data shows about 1180 fps and about 9200 psi. I've heard a number of people talk about PB powder so I looked up some data. Using all the other same components it shows 1150 fps. at 5900 psi. Everyone says PB produces a much softer shooting load. I'm aware of the cost difference, but when an 8lb. jug is amortized over hundereds of shells, it's not that much more. Any comments/experiences with PB powwder; positive or negative ?
    Thanks for your comments.

2. chipped99

chipped99 Active Member

The softest powder that I've ever used.Only drawbacks is expense and it takes a snuff can to load a shell.Still,a great powder!!!!!!

3. FNG

FNG Member

I forgot to add that the PB data I referenced was for 20.5 gr.
    Thanks
    FNG

4. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

"PB" is THE answer to the famous theoretical question, "If you just had ONE powder: 28-to-10, ┬Żoz to 2oz, what powder would you have?"

I like it, and load a bunch of it ... for specialty & hunting loads, and I use it for the clay games, too, when I shoot them.

For 7/8oz, 1oz and 1-1/8oz trap loads, there are better, narrower, more economical choices.

<i>mi dos pesos</i>

Bob

5. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

Love PB!! Shoot it for Trap. Soft shooting and it smells oh so good. Dave T.

6. Uncle Screech

Uncle Screech Member

Loading 20.5 grains, Win 209, DR XL1 and an ounce of lead in a Gun Club hull (sometimes STS if I'm feeling spunky). Softest load other than those 900 fps sub-sonic loads that I can't hit anything with. And the fragrance, oh yeah, sweetest smelling powder by far. A friend who convinced me to make the change though is now using Solo 1000 and is just as happy with that as he was with PB. To each his own but I bought the 24 pounds he had and am happy with the deal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.