1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PB loads

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jmac_cope, Jul 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmac_cope

jmac_cope Active Member

I have ben given 16 lbs of PB powder. I shoot 1 1/8 oz trap loads in STS, AA, and Fed papers. I like to load for about 1145 or 1200 fps. Does anyone have any load data that would work for me? Not finding much in IMR/Hodgdon website.

Thanks,

John

2. pullbangloss

pullbangloss Active Member

For 1 1/8 shot, I load 22.5 gr in an STS hull with a windjammer and Federal primer. It's around 1200 fps and recoil is minimal. It's a good load and really hurts the target (if you do your part).

Matt Ski

3. blackfoot

blackfoot Member

How about a low recoil load: 1 1/8, AA old style/STS,21.5gr PB w/ CB1118 wad and wn209 primer. I've found that I needed to losen up my choke w/ this load because of the tighter patterns w/PB. Very nice load!

4. RunGunIPSC

RunGunIPSC TS Member

Fed Papers use about 20.5-21.0 grains,Fed 209A primer(you need a hot primer for the paper/Gold Medal hull,) In the paper use Fed S-4 for 1 1/8th & S-3 for 1 oz. Drop back 1 grain for the Gold Medal plastic & use S-3 for 1 1/8th & SO for 1 oz. I have shot tens of thousands of these esp the Gold Medal plastics. Patterned & chrono dozens. This is the softest combo going. With STS/AA huls keep BACKING OFF by .3-.4 grain of powder til you get what you want. I would try about 19-20 to start. You will find you need 1 to 1.5 less PB in a taper hull as oppossed to straight wall to get same velocity. Match the mfg primer to the hull,ie: STS in STS hull,AA in AA hull.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.